lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-12-2021, 09:42 AM   #1
cvb7873
Not Yet Wild

Default New Icon i40 owner

I recently purchased an Icon i40 for cruising around the neighborhood with the wife and kids. I had a really nice i40FL my heart was set on, but when I brought the wife to the dealer to show her she was not happy with the additional monthly payment (we had a set amount budgeted and that would have put us slightly over budget). We found this cart was in our price range, and liked that it was already street legal.

After riding around she now has buyers remorse and wishes we had the lifted cart (of course). To cut through neighborhoods there is a curb we have to negotiate over that we can make without bottoming out, barely. The wife also noticed all the other carts in the neighborhood are lifted, and she regrets getting a cart "with such little tires". She wants larger tires, but I really didn't want to put low profile tires on the cart just for rims that fill the wheel well, that seems like fashion over function. I tried explaining that having larger rims isn't necessarily going to make it any better to take that curb, but what do I know.

I guess the question I have is do they make lift kits yet for the Icons? If not has anyone with a non-lifted cart gone with larger tires and if so how do you feel like it affected your ride? My current tires are the Wanda 205/50-10. 99% of my driving is on the street, 1% is over a stupid curb that is going to cost me additional money. I really don't want to take the hit trading this cart in for the i40FL, as I'm sure it depreciated as soon as I drove it off the lot. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. I'm super happy with this cart, I'm just trying to keep the misses happy too. I browsed the forums before registering and look forward to now being registered and able to see the pics of what many of you have done to modify your carts.
cvb7873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-12-2021, 11:00 AM   #2
dap247
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: New Icon i40 owner

Congrats on your new Icon (even if it's not the one you wanted). We ordered a non-lifted and, after going home and discussing more, called and switched to a lifted model so I get it.

I am told you can not lift them after the fact as the lift is currently put on in the factory - maybe one day, but not for the foreseeable future.

These have only gone up in price/value - mine is a 2019 I40L and was $8200 at the time and I'm told they're selling for $9800 today. There are folks who don't want to wait so you could likely get what you paid if you posted to FB Marketplace but it's also worth talking to your dealer. If you have very little mileage on yours, that may be able to work something out.
dap247 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
buyers remorse, expensive wife, icon i40, lift kit, sheesh
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon