lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-19-2021, 03:32 PM   #81
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: BigBattery 48v HSKY in My 98 Club Car DS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronno6 View Post
Today I mounted the battery charger.
So, until the SOC readout arrives, this project is done!
Looks great! What do you plan to do with all that real estate next to the charger?

You could carry your lunch or beverage of choice there. Maybe a 48 volt to 120 volt inverter to run your electric winch? Knowing you, I'm sure you already have a plan for it.

Nice job, Ronno!
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-28-2021, 03:10 PM   #82
Ronno6
Gone Wild

After running around for a couple of weeks since installation the voltage dropped all the way down th 52.8.... no long runs, as I have chevron dirt tires on the rear and don't wanna run on pavement.
Anyway, with Hurricane Ida posing a potential threat I decided to top off the charge. I set the timer for 2-1/2 hours.
The charge level gradually came up to 54.2v. Then, at about 2hr 15min, the meter took off, up to 58,4. That is the output voltage of the charger. When I unplugged the charger, the meter dropped to 54.2v. So, I conclude that the BMS "disconnected" the charger when the battery charge reached 54.2v.
That's pretty darn close to 100%. As this is the first time I have charged it, I am not concerned.
We'll see how it does after a few cycles.
Ronno6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2021, 03:18 PM   #83
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
After running around for a couple of weeks since installation the voltage dropped all the way down th 52.8.... no long runs, as I have chevron dirt tires on the rear and don't wanna run on pavement.
Anyway, with Hurricane Ida posing a potential threat I decided to top off the charge. I set the timer for 2-1/2 hours.
The charge level gradually came up to 54.2v. Then, at about 2hr 15min, the meter took off, up to 58,4. That is the output voltage of the charger. When I unplugged the charger, the meter dropped to 54.2v. So, I conclude that the BMS "disconnected" the charger when the battery charge reached 54.2v.
That's pretty darn close to 100%. As this is the first time I have charged it, I am not concerned.
We'll see how it does after a few cycles.
If this chart is correct (which still needs to be confirmed by someone here), you are doing great! You need to put some Michelin's on it and take it for a real ride!

https://buggiesgonewild.com/attachme...9&d=1630120746
Old 08-28-2021, 03:44 PM   #84
Ronno6
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom47 View Post
If this chart is correct (which still needs to be confirmed by someone here), you are doing great! You need to put some Michelin's on it and take it for a real ride!

https://buggiesgonewild.com/attachme...9&d=1630120746
You had postered this, but I thought you said it was for an NMC batteries ???
I have read that the NMC and LiFePO4 charts are different.....I'm just sayin'....
oops...you said for LFP batteries.......

I dunno, Man...the specs for my HSKY say low voltage cutoff 43v, but recommends 46v for max life. That puts it WAY low on yer chart.......
Old 08-28-2021, 04:08 PM   #85
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
You had postered this, but I thought you said it was for an NMC batteries ???
I have read that the NMC and LiFePO4 charts are different.....I'm just sayin'....
oops...you said for LFP batteries.......

I dunno, Man...the specs for my HSKY say low voltage cutoff 43v, but recommends 46v for max life. That puts it WAY low on yer chart.......
I know. I'm very confused. This is where I got this information. They are talking about LFP and it shows why going to 100% is not necessary.

https://diysolarforum.com/threads/li...ge-chart.3156/ Scroll down to the 5th post.

Then again, as Pat911 keeps telling me, just relax and enjoy the cart! I think I'll finally take his advice.
Old 08-28-2021, 04:18 PM   #86
Ronno6
Gone Wild

Old 10-04-2021, 10:10 AM   #87
Ronno6
Gone Wild

I have discovered a down-side to the BB conversion:
I use my cart to run over and squash fore ant mounds.......
now that the cart is over 300# lighter, I have to run them over several times in order to achieve the same level of squashedness........
The GOOD side I have battery power to do just that....
Old 10-04-2021, 04:40 PM   #88
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
I have discovered a down-side to the BB conversion:
I use my cart to run over and squash fore ant mounds.......
now that the cart is over 300# lighter, I have to run them over several times in order to achieve the same level of squashedness........
The GOOD side I have battery power to do just that....
Here is a technique that may make things speed up. Back up onto the mound with one rear tire directly on it. Then shut the cart off so you don't disturb their peaceful frame of mind. 30 or 40 minutes later, problem solved.

Seriously though, my wife and I pulled off the road a while back to let some cars pass. I happened to stop on a small fire ant mound. It took mere seconds for them to get on the floorboard. Were were swatting them away all the way home until I could hose it down. This true story could have appeared on "I survived".
Old 10-04-2021, 07:22 PM   #89
Ronno6
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom47 View Post
Here is a technique that may make things speed up. Back up onto the mound with one rear tire directly on it. Then shut the cart off so you don't disturb their peaceful frame of mind. 30 or 40 minutes later, problem solved.
Yeah..no....

Quote:
Seriously though, my wife and I pulled off the road a while back to let some cars pass. I happened to stop on a small fire ant mound. It took mere seconds for them to get on the floorboard. Were were swatting them away all the way home until I could hose it down. This true story could have appeared on "I survived".
And THAT'S why.....
Old 10-05-2021, 07:28 AM   #90
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

"level of squashedness"

simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car