lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-24-2021, 01:30 PM   #1
mbrown55
Getting Wild

Default New I60L

My I60L was delivered Monday, haven't been home all week to drive it much. I will post pics and some thoughts this weekend. Originally I asked for the 105 Ah lithium pack from Roypow, but the dealer had issues with a similar one cutting out on hills. After consulting with his distributor the answer was to install two 56 Ah packs in parallel to keep the BMS from cutting out on hills. We live on Lake Travis in Texas Hill Country and it deserves its name. So far so good, seems to handle hills with no issue. They installed the onboard charger from Roypow but left the factory charger installed so I will be attempting to disconnect it and use the charging port with the lithium charger. The factory cluster does seem to show the voltage and SOC correctly but will have to verify. I'm going to swing by the dealer and pick up the two Roypow SOC meters that go with each pack and hold them in reserve in case the factory cluster is misleading me. Building my cable per Atrain to tinker with settings and should have parts collected in the next few days. I would like to try to get a programming setup from Delta Q and see if I can load in a lithium algorithm into the factory charger to keep as a backup. If not I will probably be selling my charger if anyone needs an extra one let me know. I know that the factory charger supports profiles for a number of batteries including AGM, still not sure about lithium. I hope Roypow will be cooperative in working with me to reprogram if its possible.

Bluetooth stereo, panel mirror, black and white scheme that wife is festooning with vinyl decals to make into a Beatles wagon to haul her lady posse back and forth to pickle ball. I will probably add the wheel spacers Atrain posted.

Dealer cut me a deal on the two Raypow packs which in parallel have similar capacity to the bigger one so I'm a little confused as to why the BMS is more forgiving running two smaller ones instead of two big ones. Batteries in parallel double capacity at the same voltage and probably lower the amperage draw as well I'm assuming?

I will let you know how it does with speed, SOC indication and charge duration.
mbrown55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-24-2021, 02:32 PM   #2
holemania
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: New I60L

Congrats mrbrown on the new cart.
My i60l was delivered last week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrown55 View Post
I know that the factory charger supports profiles for a number of batteries including AGM.
Does anyone know if the onboard charger supports profile for Crown CR-235 6v batteries?
The Crown CR-235 spec sheet shows amperage window of >25amps - <60amps and the onboard charger I have shows output of 48v at 20 amps.
So, wasn't sure if I need a beefier charger.
Thanks!
holemania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 02:41 PM   #3
mbrown55
Getting Wild

I have charging profiles from icon for the following 11 types

US Battery flooded(US flooded-Algld71),US Battery flooded(US flooded-Algld71)
Trojan Battery flooded(Trojan flooded-Algld1),Trojan Battery flooded(Trojan flooded-Algld1)
LiFePo4 Battery (Lithium-LVTONG),LiFePo4 Battery (Lithium-LVTONG)
AGM Battery (AGM-Algld43),AGM Battery (AGM-Algld43)
LiFePo4 Battery (Lithium-Algld269),LiFePo4 Battery (Lithium-Algld269)
Trojan T875,¼ÓÒºµç³ØTrojan T875
Trojan T105,¼ÓÒºµç³ØTrojan T105
US 2000XC/2200XC,US 2000XC/2200XC
generic 150¡«200Ah maintenance free,ͨÓÃÃâά»¤150¡«200Ah
Lithium battery Vmax=58.1V,ÈýԪ﮵ç³Ø ×î¸ßµçѹ58.1V
Lithium battery Vmax=54.8V,Á×ËáÌú﮵ç³Ø ×î¸ßµçѹ54.8V
Old 03-24-2021, 04:38 PM   #4
holemania
Not Yet Wild

hmmm....so no crown profiles at all.

My i60l came with eight 6v Crown CR-205's but will be replaced with Crown CR-235's.

Not sure which profile should be used...
holemania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 08:41 PM   #5
mbrown55
Getting Wild

I would give Icon a shout and see if they can recommend or build a profile for those batteries. If they cant help maybe contact the battery mfg and see if they have a suggestion.
Old 03-26-2021, 07:22 PM   #6
CartsRFun
Gone Wild

Holemania your Crown CR 235s are great batteries...indeeed check with
ICON or your dealer to get their advice..

As for my I40 I am running 8x6v Crown agm 6CRV 260amp hour..the
delta q on board did not have the correct profile fort these so my
local area Crown rep and also rep for Eagle Pro chargers came up with a
profile for my agms and they are very very happy bunch...

My charge is an Eagle Pro I4818 48v with 5 different charge stages
including balance equalization and float...

https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/c...g?format=1000w

https://www.dualpro.com/eagleperformanceseries

Let the animation play
Hope this helps..
CartsRFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 09:27 PM   #7
mbrown55
Getting Wild

Took it out with the wife tonight and we have some brutal hills which it handled fine. Dealer has it set to 25 max, not sure what that is in real gps speed. Put the 2” spacers on and it improved the body roll quite a bit. The two raypow packs in parallel are beasts, I can probably get 40-50 mile range.
Old 05-26-2021, 05:27 PM   #8
PThomp156
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Ive had my i60l for about a week ... initial assessment: Front seat is terrible and not nearly deep enough. I feel like I'm about to fall off - like I'm sitting on the edge of a seat. My Yamaha is far more comfortable. Other complaint: This thing has the turning radius of a school bus.
PThomp156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 09:37 AM   #9
jeffahfah
Getting Wild

the seats are definite planks. Had mine upgraded by https://www.lazylifeseat.com/ . Seats cost around $700 and took quite a bit of time to get but was worth it. Super comfy and got the cool touch vinyl (which doesnt stay cool but keeps the seats from feeling like a cast iron skillet)
jeffahfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 11:37 AM   #10
PThomp156
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I am looking for a wide angle rearview mirror to fit in the center. Have any of you installed one?
PThomp156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon