lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-27-2020, 07:35 PM   #11
alangsam
Getting Wild

Default Re: Found my perfect lithium pack!

this pack with the 20 amp charger is 1850. the roypows seem to now be in the 2200 range ans an equivalent allied is over 3000. i am in vero beach and extremeteamcarts carts is in lakeland.
alangsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-27-2020, 07:45 PM   #12
alangsam
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidgolfer View Post
I have been looking at these packs for a while now. Be interested to see some real world mileage tests.
mileage varies big depending on how you drive.if your going from hole to hole at 12-15 mph i would say 40 miles based on my tests over the last week. if you going 35 mph at full throttle maybe 25 miles.windy and hills could
change that. these are on my stretch cc precedent cart. i couldn't get more than about 10 miles on my lead acid batteries when they were new before they were down to 20 percent or less and needed to be recharged immediately. they just don't hold up in the heat and regularly pulling high amps for long periods at high speeds and lasted 2-3 years here in florida. lead acid gives you 300-500 cycles. these batteries 3000-5000 cycles. a cycle is every time you charge it from 50 to 100%. we drove the cart almost every day so it's a no brainer.

the cool thing about these lifpo4 packs is that you don't have to charge every time you drive. they can sit at 10-100 percent without things like sulfating or self discharge. i got rid of my battery watering jig and the distilled water etc.
Old 10-28-2020, 04:13 AM   #13
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

Good information. So far my cart is just a neighborhood cruiser, so I don't think I'll benefit from it, but that may change if we street legalize the cart. I'm down in Lake Worth, close to you. Who do you deal with up there? I just bought batteries from Scott's Automotive and really like Jupiter GC as well.
Wakko47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 08:39 AM   #14
jetfixr
Not Yet Wild

Nice, I have got my eye on this one. The site leaves a lot to be desired though, doesn't really show battery dimensions, max rate of charge/discharge. And none of the pictures of the battery are clickable to enlarge. The site looks a bit fly-by-night, so waiting on a few more real world tests.
jetfixr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 01:26 PM   #15
Gadgetman111
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Hi! New to the forum. Digging all the great advise.

My project car is a 2002 Club Car DS used primarily for golf. My latest upgrade is a lithium battery pack. I went with a RoyPow 56AH battery because it was supposed to be an easy drop in install.

To my dismay, the pack does not fit in the battery bay! The I-beams of the frame and the angle at which they sit pushes the battery up too high where the seat will not even come close to closing. I considered grinding off the installation brackets and squeezing the pack in between the two frame pieces, it I did not want to void the warranty. I ended up taking the rear of the cart apart and installing the pack sideways between the frame beams. I have about 1/4 clearance on the charging receptical and I’m all the up against the back bulkhead. I installed some tie downs to secure it and wired it up. It works great, but what a royal pain to install it.

I am open to any advice on how to do this differently or better.

Mike
Gadgetman111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 04:12 PM   #16
cpahillside
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadgetman111 View Post
Hi! New to the forum. Digging all the great advise.

My project car is a 2002 Club Car DS used primarily for golf. My latest upgrade is a lithium battery pack. I went with a RoyPow 56AH battery because it was supposed to be an easy drop in install.

To my dismay, the pack does not fit in the battery bay! The I-beams of the frame and the angle at which they sit pushes the battery up too high where the seat will not even come close to closing. I considered grinding off the installation brackets and squeezing the pack in between the two frame pieces, it I did not want to void the warranty. I ended up taking the rear of the cart apart and installing the pack sideways between the frame beams. I have about 1/4 clearance on the charging receptical and I’m all the up against the back bulkhead. I installed some tie downs to secure it and wired it up. It works great, but what a royal pain to install it.

I am open to any advice on how to do this differently or better.

Mike
Mike

Don't use the Roypow installation bracket. Cut one battery support out and bolt on new one to fit at end of pack. Drill holes to bolt battery directly to cart.

Chris
cpahillside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 04:21 AM   #17
alangsam
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetfixr View Post
Nice, I have got my eye on this one. The site leaves a lot to be desired though, doesn't really show battery dimensions, max rate of charge/discharge. And none of the pictures of the battery are clickable to enlarge. The site looks a bit fly-by-night, so waiting on a few more real world tests.
send me a note and i can provide you real world info based on my pack in love ya cart.
Old 12-12-2020, 05:39 PM   #18
Bigjmain
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by alangsam View Post
OK folks, Finally pulled the trigger on a Lithium pack. I waited till I could find one that was designed in the US (built in china) and in this case in Lakeland FL only a few hours from my house. The reasons I went with Extreme Team Carts & Accessories 48v 100ah pack -
They specifically tested it with the navitas 5K AC system on a CC and it never tripped the packs BMS.
It has a built in BLUETOOTH BMS. those of you that love the NAVITAS Bluetooth Dealler app will love the app on the pack. Screen shots attached. This is the only pack I could find that had this and I consider it a must have. Imagine your NAVITAS System without an app...
They include a 20AMP charger, VOLT and SOC meter calibrated for the pack, really nice screw knobs - no tools needed, a new charge port with easy instructions and a tie down.
They load test each pack before shipment.
it fits perfectly in a CC Precident battery box and leaves about 70 percent of the space free!
At 88 lbs it saves about 350 lbs and its a very small package when you open the box you won't believe the "compactness"
Blake and Fred that are the owners of extreme team spent plenty of time communicating with me and have answered any and all questions I have had so far
5 year warranty.
Best part is that its less expensive at 1850 including the 20amp charger than any of the other packs that I have seen out there in the 48v 100ah.
Im still deciding on some of the wire routing now that I have all this room. No more battery acid, no more watering. you really won't need to open the seat much anymore.
If you cant tell I am extremely happy with this purchase.
The next thing that needs to happen is to get J Todd J. Todd Dussault to get the Extreme Team Pack listed in the battery type in the latest Navitas dealer app...... hint hint
Any follow up on these? I’m curious on how they would perform with an alltrax 500 controller?
Bigjmain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 03:03 AM   #19
ACHiPo
Gone Wild

Club Car

Looking at this pack and maybe an AC conversion. Are there any photos or pics of the conversion process?
ACHiPo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 02:37 PM   #20
txcanes
Not Yet Wild

You did the install yourself? Wow - what diagrams etc came with the kit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alangsam View Post
OK folks, Finally pulled the trigger on a Lithium pack. I waited till I could find one that was designed in the US (built in china) and in this case in Lakeland FL only a few hours from my house. The reasons I went with Extreme Team Carts & Accessories 48v 100ah pack -
They specifically tested it with the navitas 5K AC system on a CC and it never tripped the packs BMS.
It has a built in BLUETOOTH BMS. those of you that love the NAVITAS Bluetooth Dealler app will love the app on the pack. Screen shots attached. This is the only pack I could find that had this and I consider it a must have. Imagine your NAVITAS System without an app...
They include a 20AMP charger, VOLT and SOC meter calibrated for the pack, really nice screw knobs - no tools needed, a new charge port with easy instructions and a tie down.
They load test each pack before shipment.
it fits perfectly in a CC Precident battery box and leaves about 70 percent of the space free!
At 88 lbs it saves about 350 lbs and its a very small package when you open the box you won't believe the "compactness"
Blake and Fred that are the owners of extreme team spent plenty of time communicating with me and have answered any and all questions I have had so far
5 year warranty.
Best part is that its less expensive at 1850 including the 20amp charger than any of the other packs that I have seen out there in the 48v 100ah.
Im still deciding on some of the wire routing now that I have all this room. No more battery acid, no more watering. you really won't need to open the seat much anymore.
If you cant tell I am extremely happy with this purchase.
The next thing that needs to happen is to get J Todd J. Todd Dussault to get the Extreme Team Pack listed in the battery type in the latest Navitas dealer app...... hint hint
txcanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car