lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-02-2020, 04:33 PM   #11
Murby
Gone Wild

Default Re: Forward Reverse Switch question

Quote:
Originally Posted by HogKiller View Post

@Murby There's no way in hell I would want my FNR switch mounted like a turn signal after seeing what happens when someone accidentally presses it while the cart is in motion. Seems like you need to get comfortable with that first.
Forklifts have them and always had.. Drove a forklift for 20 years and never once did I "accidentally" hit the lever.

Your car has turn signals there.. have you ever been driving and accidentally bumped that lever?

Besides, any competent design would include a side-movement interlock like your automatic transmission shifter has. You have to move the lever over, then up or down.

My cart is a tool, not a joy riding machine. We do a lot of back and forth when moving around the property. Having to reach down to flip that switch is cumbersome. Its like having to reach over the passenger seat to open a glove box.. luckily, the glove box isn't something you need to use 20 times a day.
Murby is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-02-2020, 04:39 PM   #12
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by HogKiller View Post
That's hilarious. You WIN!

@Murby There's no way in hell I would want my FNR switch mounted like a turn signal after seeing what happens when someone accidentally presses it while the cart is in motion. Seems like you need to get comfortable with that first.
Didn't know we had a humor official.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 04:41 PM   #13
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murby View Post
Forklifts have them and always had.. Drove a forklift for 20 years and never once did I "accidentally" hit the lever.

Your car has turn signals there.. have you ever been driving and accidentally bumped that lever?

Besides, any competent design would include a side-movement interlock like your automatic transmission shifter has. You have to move the lever over, then up or down.

My cart is a tool, not a joy riding machine. We do a lot of back and forth when moving around the property. Having to reach down to flip that switch is cumbersome. Its like having to reach over the passenger seat to open a glove box.. luckily, the glove box isn't something you need to use 20 times a day.
I say go for it. Would like to see what you come up with.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 04:58 PM   #14
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The backhoe ones may be cheaper and if you have an Altrax controller you can even use it to switch modes:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/701-80298-F...sAAOSwHX9d8I6k
They also make those smaller versions for go-karts but that would not be as convenient since you would need to move your hand to the dash.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Forward-Rev...Cclp%3A2334524
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 05:01 PM   #15
Z7What
Gone Wild

Club Car

Although i like not having to lean forward to flip the switch like i do on the EZGo carts our son(6.5yr old) has kicked the FNR switch many times. If thats why you want to relocate it i read a post a few weeks back where someone said you can actually flip the switch 180*, you just need to cut off the alignment pins off the back of the switch and it bolts right back up.

Wayne
Z7What is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 05:11 PM   #16
HogKiller
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murby View Post

HogKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 10:08 PM   #17
morvolts2
Gone Wild

Or you can make one with a reverse lockout like I did.

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/show...=171238&page=3
morvolts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 11:02 PM   #18
Budule
Gone Wild

Club Car

i like that go cart version Sergio posted , i would see if i could mount it parallel with the column in a piece of conduit maybe .../so just a short reach to hit it .....wouldnt stick out like that lever ....
Budule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 10:56 AM   #19
morvolts2
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post

They also make those smaller versions for go-karts but that would not be as convenient since you would need to move your hand to the dash.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Forward-Rev...Cclp%3A2334524

Hey someone stole my idea...
good choice

did you look at mine?

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/show...=171238&page=2
morvolts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car