lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-01-2020, 10:03 AM   #1
Caseyrollins08
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Wiring Multiple LED Lights to Fuse Block

Okay, first of all electrical work is not my thing.

I re-doing all of my wires while I have my golf cart shell off. I’m installing a 12 way fuse block. I have 10 small amber LED lights in the front of my cart. Can I just use a solder seal butt connector and have all 10 positive wires tied into one side and the other have a positive wire going to 1 location on the 12 way fuse block? And obviously the same with the negative side.
Caseyrollins08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-01-2020, 10:13 AM   #2
Z7What
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Wiring Multiple LED Lights to Fuse Block

Sure you can, but i dont see a switch mentioned.

I did something very similar to my sons Raptors.

Wayne
Z7What is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 10:50 AM   #3
Caseyrollins08
Gone Wild

Club Car

That thing is sweet man!

Well I’m getting the fuse block today but I was just wanting to make sure I’m going to hook it up correctly. I know it’s a rough image but this is how it should be wired together, right?
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg EFBB328D-1DDB-4C06-9BC9-0362CBAA421C.jpeg (116.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-01-2020, 12:05 PM   #4
Z7What
Gone Wild

Club Car

Is the entire fuse block going to be activated by a switch? If so id suggest installing a relay as well.

If the entire fuse block isnt going to be controlled by a switch, i dont see how you would be able to turn the lights on and off.

Normally the way those fuse blocks are wired is the supply to them connects directly to the battery. From one of the fuses you go to a relay, from the relay you attach your switch and lights.

Wayne
Old 12-01-2020, 02:42 PM   #5
Caseyrollins08
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thank you for your reply Wayne! After reading your comments I realize that yes, I need to have the fuse block controlled by a switch. I did some more digging in the forum and found this diagram that I will follow.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EA0D3F93-62EB-4CC3-9A6A-E63F5199FD09.jpg (245.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-02-2020, 01:03 PM   #6
Caseyrollins08
Gone Wild

Club Car

Okay, after I got home last night started wiring back in all of the lights, fuse block, and voltage reducer and realized I was still a little lost. So I just worked on other golf cart chores that I wanted to take care of.

If someone would please look at my diagram that I put together this morning and let me know if I'm at all close I would really appreciate it! I was wanting the key switch to cut off the meter. I also wanted to run the lights on a separate switch. I don't have a relay on this diagram and actually I'm not too sure if I need one or not. Thanks in advance guys!
Attached Images
File Type: png DIA.PNG (70.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-02-2020, 01:33 PM   #7
dougs_huntingcart
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseyrollins08 View Post
Okay, after I got home last night started wiring back in all of the lights, fuse block, and voltage reducer and realized I was still a little lost. So I just worked on other golf cart chores that I wanted to take care of.

If someone would please look at my diagram that I put together this morning and let me know if I'm at all close I would really appreciate it! I was wanting the key switch to cut off the meter. I also wanted to run the lights on a separate switch. I don't have a relay on this diagram and actually I'm not too sure if I need one or not. Thanks in advance guys!
You're missing a negative connection for the lights. I'm not a big user of those splicing connectors. Meaning if there are a few wires to join to a single, then I'd use a small fuse block. You also need to be accommodate for load when combining multiple into a single wire.
dougs_huntingcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 01:38 PM   #8
Z7What
Gone Wild

Club Car

I also dont see the amber lights you have on the front shown on your drawing.

Does the reducer you got, does it have a switch wire?

I would recommend you install a relay to power the lights.

Wayne
Old 12-02-2020, 02:16 PM   #9
Caseyrollins08
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougs_huntingcart View Post
You're missing a negative connection for the lights. I'm not a big user of those splicing connectors. Meaning if there are a few wires to join to a single, then I'd use a small fuse block. You also need to be accommodate for load when combining multiple into a single wire.

Yeah, I wasn’t sure about combing all of them like that or not which is why I added the “butt splice” on my diagram hoping someone would chime in. I’ll add the fuse box like you mentioned. Thank you.
Old 12-02-2020, 02:23 PM   #10
Z7What
Gone Wild

Club Car

Im in the process of making you a drawing but need to know if your reducer has a "switch" wire on it. Could you post a link to the reducer you have?

Wayne
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car