lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-30-2020, 11:26 PM   #1
durfdog
Not Yet Wild

Default Speed loss after installing 6 inch lift on a 2006 club car precedent

Speed loss after installing 6 inch lift on a 2006 club car precedent. So I installed the lift kit went for a test drive and as soon as I pushed on the gas I knew something was wrong. I took the brake drums off to make sure the brakes weren’t dragging. And they were not. This cart usually does 14 to 15 mph but is now doing 6 mph. The batteries are one year old and in great condition. I am at a loss not sure what I did any help would be appreciated. I am thinking about purchasing a new speed sensor since they are so cheap and praying that’s the issue. I am brand new to the forum this form is helped me in the past a ton hopefully someone has some info that can point me in the right direction. Thanks
durfdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-01-2020, 03:17 AM   #2
CCNorth
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Speed loss after installing 6 inch lift on a 2006 club car precedent

Sorry to hear you're having a problem.

Please tell us which lift kit (type) you installed and what size tires and rims you have. It will help the experts here to help you.

From the original speed you were getting it sounds like you have a stock controller and motor. Is this correct?

Did you replace your brake cable with a longer one or use the original cable?
CCNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 05:16 AM   #3
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

Default Re: Speed loss after installing 6 inch lift on a 2006 club car precedent

Does it roll freely in tow mode?
Wakko47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 01:16 PM   #4
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

I am sure you checked the usual tight brake cable issue when lifting the cart.

Check your top speed. Then unplug the speed sensor and check it again. If it runs at the same speed, your speed sensor could be bad or the wiring to the speed sensor may be loose/ broken.

If it runs slower, then it is not a speed sensor problem.

Good luck with this one. I'm sure others, much smarter than I, will chime in.
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 06:38 PM   #5
durfdog
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCNorth View Post
Sorry to hear you're having a problem.

Please tell us which lift kit (type) you installed and what size tires and rims you have. It will help the experts here to help you.

From the original speed you were getting it sounds like you have a stock controller and motor. Is this correct?

Did you replace your brake cable with a longer one or use the original cable?
Stock motor and Controller, no I did not replace the brake cable it had plenty of slack, It’s a MoMo 6” lift I have the stock 8” wheels on it 15” wheels will be here Saturday
Old 12-02-2020, 06:39 PM   #6
durfdog
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakko47 View Post
Does it roll freely in tow mode?
Yes it rolls freely in tow mode
Old 12-02-2020, 06:40 PM   #7
durfdog
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom47 View Post

Check your top speed. Then unplug the speed sensor and check it again. If it runs at the same speed, your speed sensor could be bad or the wiring to the speed sensor may be loose/ broken.

Awesome thanks I’ll try that!
Old 12-02-2020, 07:02 PM   #8
durfdog
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom47 View Post

Ok I did the speed sensor test and it runs the same speed 6mph when the sensor is connected 6mph when it’s disconnected. I had ordered a new speed sensor already and it arrived just a bit ago. But not the entire wiring just the kit that bolts and mounts on the motor.
Old 12-02-2020, 11:12 PM   #9
CCNorth
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by durfdog View Post
Ok I did the speed sensor test and it runs the same speed 6mph when the sensor is connected 6mph when it’s disconnected. I had ordered a new speed sensor already and it arrived just a bit ago. But not the entire wiring just the kit that bolts and mounts on the motor.
If you haven't already, go ahead and install the new speed sensor. Just a reminder, the cart should be placed in TOW mode, and the NEGATIVE to the battery pack disconnected before you do the install.

Let us know if the sensor solves your problem!
CCNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 10:44 AM   #10
golfer188910
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCNorth View Post
If you haven't already, go ahead and install the new speed sensor. Just a reminder, the cart should be placed in TOW mode, and the NEGATIVE to the battery pack disconnected before you do the install.

Let us know if the sensor solves your problem!
In my experience you either have;

Brake drag
Speed sensor issue

On every precedent I have lifted, I have had to change out driver side brake cable.
golfer188910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car