lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-04-2020, 06:20 PM   #11
Bobbob
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Experience with Color Bond LVP to paint vinyl seats?

HogKiller,

Go for it you will never know until you try it. I like to listen to the advice of the pros here but it is your cart and you can do what you want to do.
Just let us know how it went after you finish.

As for the hand stapler vs powered unit, I really see no difference. It just after stapling a thousand staples your hand gets quite sore. And some times you need a small hammer to get the stubborn ones down.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Bobbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-04-2020, 09:33 PM   #12
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

Default Re: Experience with Color Bond LVP to paint vinyl seats?

Try interior eggshell latex.
Wakko47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 10:03 PM   #13
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakko47 View Post
Try interior eggshell latex.
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 10:05 PM   #14
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Hand stapled seat covers on 2 of my Honda 3 wheelers and one of my motorcycle seats and it worked perfectly fine (and took about ten minutes-overpriced upholstery guys wanted $75 per seat and tried to tell me only they could do it....).

I know this is about PAINT but since covers were discussed thought I would throw in my .02
Old 11-05-2020, 06:51 AM   #15
Spoolx
Gone Wild

I’ve never had luck painting things like this. You sit on it, sweat on it, spill stuff on it and put your warm butt on it.. to me that’s a recipe for the paint to come off. Never mind the fact that the current covers have been on there forever and have all kinds of nasty embedded in the seats that like to prevent paint.
Ive noticed that a lot of times when you see testimonials for products like this it tends to be right after installation when they look their best, I would be interested to hear from them after a year of heavy use.

That said, there is a company on amazon that sells seat covers for 60 bucks and I love mine. We’ve used the hell out of them and they still look perfect, and they installed really easy
Spoolx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 07:54 AM   #16
HogKiller
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoolx View Post
Ive noticed that a lot of times when you see testimonials for products like this it tends to be right after installation when they look their best, I would be interested to hear from them after a year of heavy use.
Agreed, which I precisely the reason I started this thread. Honestly I'm a bit surprised no one has chimed in with first-hand experience. Color Bond is literally the first thing that pops up when you google "change golf cart seat color." Surely someone from BGW has already been the guinea pig?
HogKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 08:00 AM   #17
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by HogKiller View Post
Agreed, which I precisely the reason I started this thread. Honestly I'm a bit surprised no one has chimed in with first-hand experience. Color Bond is literally the first thing that pops up when you google "change golf cart seat color." Surely someone from BGW has already been the guinea pig?
Looks like it's going to be you.

Post lots of photos.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 06:26 PM   #18
Spoolx
Gone Wild

Quote:
I just think seat covers are so cheap that everyone takes that route.
Spoolx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 07:54 PM   #19
HogKiller
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoolx View Post
I just think seat covers are so cheap that everyone takes that route.
I’m looking at $140 for covers, and $200 for install. That doesn’t seem “cheap” compared to paint!
HogKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 10:28 PM   #20
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
I’m looking at $140 for covers, and $200 for install. That doesn’t seem “cheap” compared to paint!
You're drinking the Koolade!!! $200 to install is cuz you're afraid to try it yourself and see how easy it really is. Grab a cheap stapler (like mentioned earlier in this thread and like I did on three of my motorcycle seats that they wanted $75 each to do) and go at it!

I hate cheap, fast solutions (like paint) that we all know will fail but think it sounds so easy that ya gotta try it. If you have $60 in paint (seems I read that number somewhere), and seat covers are $140 you only have to recycle a few more bottles and cans to make up the difference And if you find that you are not a master stapler like the pros, then you take it to them to finish up. The end result is a job done right, not half arse :)

My .02 YMMV!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car