lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-01-2020, 11:34 AM   #11
PearlPack
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Got the bug, what’s next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston Ellis View Post
On a series cart? I have 2 gauge, does about 20. How would the alltrax gain me more speed if it’s not changing the voltage? I never really looked into controller theory before. I thought on a series cart the only way to get speed was motor or gears, or tires?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mine is a SEPEX.
PearlPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-12-2020, 07:24 AM   #12
Winston Ellis
Gone Wild

Club Car

Well this motor is still for sale locally. I’m still unsure if it would be an upgrade to the motor I have. Hope by bumping the thread I can get more people to chime in.

Winston Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 08:51 AM   #13
Jake_Daddy
Gone Wild

Club Car

You are correct on the series setup you need more voltage or different gearing to get more speed (or a higher RPM motor). At 400amp your probably fine with just about any motor unless you see some decent hills. Even when i was running 36v with a speed motor I would only pull ~108amps at cruise on pavement with 22" tall tires, your amps spike on takeoff but drop off fairly quickly, I think at 48v im running right around 80amps at cruise.

If your going to upgrade motor and tires I would consider going the reversing contactor route vs. the HD F&R. I haven't overheated my HD F&R but I have gotten it plenty warm on some long runs. Im not sure if the F&R is the weak point in the system but I am considering that as my next upgrade.
Jake_Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 07:28 AM   #14
Winston Ellis
Gone Wild

Club Car

Is the D&D motor higher RPM than the bandit? What advantage would I have going to an alltrax vs this rebuilt Curtis?

Old 11-14-2020, 07:53 AM   #15
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

Alltrax is very adjustable and user friendly...Curtis is not.

Edit: Missed the series part, sorry.
Wakko47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 09:54 AM   #16
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

OP; you're getting a lot of confusing information from folks with different carts from yours.

Like you said, you have a series cart and those saying you need a different controller to gain speed have sepex carts. You won't gain anymore speed by switching your 400amp Curtis for a 500amp Alltrax. You'll have more flexibility and customization in throttle curves and such with the Alltrax but your top speed won't change.

In order to speed up a series cart you'll need to increase your voltage (more batteries or switch to lithium), decrease your gear ratio (changing transaxle gears or taller tires) and/or getting a speed motor.

That D&D motor is a better speed motor option compared to you stock, rewound Bandit motor. It should get you around 24 mph with stock tires.
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 07:04 AM   #17
Winston Ellis
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCPW View Post
OP; you're getting a lot of confusing information from folks with different carts from yours.

Like you said, you have a series cart and those saying you need a different controller to gain speed have sepex carts. You won't gain anymore speed by switching your 400amp Curtis for a 500amp Alltrax. You'll have more flexibility and customization in throttle curves and such with the Alltrax but your top speed won't change.

In order to speed up a series cart you'll need to increase your voltage (more batteries or switch to lithium), decrease your gear ratio (changing transaxle gears or taller tires) and/or getting a speed motor.

That D&D motor is a better speed motor option compared to you stock, rewound Bandit motor. It should get you around 24 mph with stock tires.

Thank you!

Old 11-21-2020, 12:41 PM   #18
KrenzyRyan
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragracer_Art View Post
I think the biggest limiting factor is the Curtis controller and the fact you cant tune or change anything in it.
My bone stock 250a Curtis controller (speed code 4) and stock sepex motor ran just as fast on stock tires.

Change to a 500a Alltrax controller and be done screwing around with the Curtis.

My cart goes 27mph on stock motor and tires with the Alltrax.
Where did you get your alltrax?
KrenzyRyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 01:03 PM   #19
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

There are a couple of great site sponsors here that I would suggest contacting. I made some mistakes early on with my cart (similar to yours) and wish I would have used the folks on here. If I can save you from making the same mistakes I have done my job!

Welcome to the page!!
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 11:00 AM   #20
Winston Ellis
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCPW View Post

Do you think i would loose torque? I have a backseat and its a campground cart with a decent amount of hills.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car