lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Columbia ParCar

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-26-2013, 02:50 PM   #1
madmolly3
Not Yet Wild
Columbia

Default 2004 columbia summit,no 12v to acessories

keep blowing a 10amp fuse ,in harness between end: which runs to red (+)wire to contactor ( I call a transformer to take 48v to 24v) which shares the same pole with (+) battery terminal wire...also at the end of this harness is black wire ends on (-) pole on controller. coming back there in a 10amp fuse (the on that keeps blowing) coming next on harness is 48v to 12v converter, then 15amp fuse leading to power distribution block (this 15 fuse never blows), then finally harness piece ends....at power switch. the cart chargers and runs fine , just no lights. high low speed control even works. the fuse holder is starting to look shot from blowing fuses testing. it starter out headlights ,etc, not working ,then only back up lights would work now all access. lights out. and i have checked the bulbs. thanks in advance, Mike Been at this a couple days, and my two year old keeps saying ...go daddy!
madmolly3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-27-2013, 08:22 AM   #2
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

Default Re: 2004 columbia summit,no 12v to acessories

The 10Amp fuse goes to a 12V relay. I've seen them short from corrosion. It's mounted on the tubular frame, on the driver's side behind the battery tray.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 12V_AccessoryWiring_Rev4.pdf (51.2 KB, 0 views)
Tech Support is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 03:07 PM   #3
madmolly3
Not Yet Wild
Columbia

thanks for advice, will try that first. just headlights,windshield-off, with the back up lights still working ???, then nothing. and testing contacts there is a empty one there for no reason) in the mess of wires under the steering shaft . It of course has 12volts. Kind of lost with DC wiring.... used to working with ac current. thanks again
Old 06-27-2013, 03:15 PM   #4
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

Does your unit have a 48 to 12 volt dc dc converter installed in it? Normally they are mounted under the rear cross bar frame above the axle assembly?
Old 06-27-2013, 03:28 PM   #5
madmolly3
Not Yet Wild
Columbia

48volts down to 12v. sevcon 200watt i think
Old 06-27-2013, 03:31 PM   #6
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

okay. The back up lights and headlights should be powered by the convertor. The wipers and horn are powered direct to two of your batteries.

I have seen shorts in the wiring going to the lightswhere the insulation is rubbed off, or on the wire where the grommet has led to insulation wearing off and shorting.
Old 06-30-2013, 12:44 AM   #7
madmolly3
Not Yet Wild
Columbia

Angry Re: 2004 columbia summit,no 12v to acessories

at it all day, cleaned relays checked every connection i could see. tested and 48volt to 12 volt converter...checked and tested bad.....it was blowing the fuse. so thought if it was feeding 12v to dist. block to feed lights i would just test it by hooking a seporate 12volt battery with postive to positive on dist. block to + side; and neg. to neg. results window wiper works (but switch does not light green, and fan on heater fuctions, including heat, then checking on every connection in front with hood off, noticed the green switch light came on for headlights, but no head lights. checking more connection i then gave blinkers a try....and they worked! front, back, and the sound alarm for turning. then checked and brake lights worked. sounding better..........then clean contacts on wiring to back lights. come to front to check and no blinkers, no green switch light. what the **** is going on!! then tried to put in gear to move cart forward ...nothing...reverse....nothing. I'm getting lost here, ....batteries where low on water this spring after seating plugged in for the winter. checked each battery seporately and added water .....charged seporately....let them set for couple days and they all tested good with battery tester. am, i beating a dead horse (battery no good????) plugged in to charge tonight showed flashing constant light on lowest charge level on charger and light showing constant for a/c current. but checking with volt meter before pluging in to charge showed 48volts with a volt meter for common neg. to last positive in the row of 8 batteries. all in all...very frustrating day........any advice.......please!!
Old 06-30-2013, 05:34 PM   #8
madmolly3
Not Yet Wild
Columbia

said i was not going to look at the stupid cart today......but i when out and seporated each battery to make sure they are good.....each one showed 6volts. returned the tester i had barrowed .... so just going to let them set a few days and see if any drop, and probably barrow the draw tester to check them again. if this thing had a gas motor ithink i could rebuild it fast than trying to figure this out. if anyone thinking of something else that may help ,please let me hear from you......thanks in advance
Old 07-04-2013, 05:38 AM   #9
madmolly3
Not Yet Wild
Columbia

does anyone have a photo, or good diagram for a controller , looks like i am going to have to do some rewiring. found some redneck wiring with caulking to hold wires in place. happy day thanks again, mike
Old 07-06-2013, 09:52 PM   #10
madmolly3
Not Yet Wild
Columbia

well got most of the electrical corrected, just the speedometer light. that is the good. bad is everthing seems to be working except ..........it still will not mover. controler green,direction switch works (can hear it switch sound, and back up buzzer) starting to think the resistor or what ever it is the gas pedal moves maybe broken. Is it under the metal plate that is above brake and gas pedal.... diagram or photo would be helpful. thanks for any help in advance.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Columbia ParCar