lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-09-2010, 12:37 PM   #1
firetamr
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Oil light issue

07 Gas DS with 6'' Jake's lift kit and 14'' rims and tires. No problems prior to installing lift and tires. After install, oil light flashes at start-up and then stops flashing after a few seconds. Check oil.......oil level fine. Light does not come back on while riding and will not come back on until after cart sits for while and cools down. Then same scenario......flashes few seconds at start-up then goes away.

Does anyone know why this might be, or if it is even an issue to be concerned with??????
firetamr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-09-2010, 01:25 PM   #2
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Oil light issue

Let's start by me saying that lifted carts are not my thing but having said that; I have read some posts that suggest that you DO NOT fill up to the dipstick line due to the alteration of the engine angle post lifting but rather you add the manufacturers recommended amount to the empty pan, mark the stick at the new level and in future, fill or top off to that mark. Not sure if that is the cause of your problem or not, just throwing it out there for your consideration.

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car