lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-12-2021, 10:02 PM   #1
Dannysol09
Not Yet Wild

Default Yamaha G9 Sparked at Solenoid, now cart won't Run

I'll be very honest, I know very little about golf cart so any help would be greatly appreciated. I got this golf cart which was sitting in a shed for about 3 years. I knew it ran before and for the purpose that I wanted it, I figured I would just buy batteries, a charger and universal keys. That is literally all I did and it ran just fine. I did end up replacing the battery cables which is where the problem comes in. In the process of replacing the cable from the end of the battery circuit which connects to the solenoid (36V) I first connected the new cable to the battery. As I went to connect the other end to the solenoid, the end touched the post and a washer which was next to the post and sparked. The washer ended up welding to the end of the wire. There is no clicking from the solenoid, there's nothing. I plan on replacing the solenoid as I assume that is what I fried? Should I be looking at anything else? Also, any help in testing the current solenoid before replacing would be appreciated. Thanks!
Dannysol09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-13-2021, 08:52 AM   #2
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Default Re: Yamaha G9 Sparked at Solenoid, now cart won't Run

I wouldn't replace anything until you go over the electrical system with a meter and determine what the issue is......
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 10:09 PM   #3
nikoboum
Not Yet Wild

Smile Re: Yamaha G9 Sparked at Solenoid, now cart won't Run

salut . teste ton solénoïde pour voir si il a du 36 volt sur les 2 petit bornier quand tu pesé sur l'accélérateur .
nikoboum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 06:32 AM   #4
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Default Re: Yamaha G9 Sparked at Solenoid, now cart won't Run

Yeah, my thought's exactly!!

He actually said: Hello . test your solenoid to see if it has 36 volts on the 2 small terminal blocks when you put pressure on the accelerator.

Welcome Niko!!!
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha