lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-20-2021, 07:04 AM   #11
rstacy
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: YDRE Key on and no click from solenoid

The back up buzzer is a great indicator.
Does it come on in reverse? (make sure that it is plugged in)
If it does the fuse is good and the controller is alive.(not necessarily working but alive)
No buzzer is a good indication of a failed controller. (again assuming that the buzzer is plugged in and functional and the fuse is good)
rstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-20-2021, 02:18 PM   #12
Peth0201
Getting Wild
Yamaha

If the cart does not buzz in reverse, it is most likely a controller that's bad.

edit: I just went through this whole process.
Peth0201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 02:25 AM   #13
Wade braswell
Not Yet Wild

Someone mentioned a member that sales after market controller? Can i get info? Does he have in stock? Will it work with stock cart
Wade braswell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 08:57 AM   #14
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I recommend Alltrax controllers. I have two YDRE carts and both have Alltrax.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 01:56 PM   #15
Golf Cart Surgeon
Getting Wild

How do you test the controller to verify it's bad?

I have the same thing going on, 53v to solenoid, nothing happens, no clicks, no reverse buzzer.
Golf Cart Surgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 03:16 PM   #16
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

No reverse buzzer with the stock Moric controller usually means it's dead. Make sure that the power fuse is good for the run/tow and key switch circuit. (3 amp fuse behind driver's seat against the frame in the back.)
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 03:53 PM   #17
rstacy
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Cart Surgeon View Post
How do you test the controller to verify it's bad?

I have the same thing going on, 53v to solenoid, nothing happens, no clicks, no reverse buzzer.
Here is a very important test.
When the car is put in to run mode, The solenoid clicks once. If the controller doesn't see this happen it will immediately shut down. The result is no back up buzzer and no movement.
Why might this happen? A bad solenoid. I just had one today. It looked like a bad controller but was actually a bad solenoid.
Always test the solenoid before changing the controller. Make sure that the solenoid closes when you apply 48 volts to one side and ground to the other. Verify that when the solenoid is closed you have 0 ohms across the big terminals. You will have to disconnect all 4 wires from the solenoid to do this test safely.
Old 06-15-2022, 05:38 PM   #18
Golf Cart Surgeon
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
No reverse buzzer with the stock Moric controller usually means it's dead. Make sure that the power fuse is good for the run/tow and key switch circuit. (3 amp fuse behind driver's seat against the frame in the back.)
Ya I checked that....
Old 06-15-2022, 05:41 PM   #19
Golf Cart Surgeon
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstacy View Post
Here is a very important test.
When the car is put in to run mode, The solenoid clicks once. If the controller doesn't see this happen it will immediately shut down. The result is no back up buzzer and no movement.
Why might this happen? A bad solenoid. I just had one today. It looked like a bad controller but was actually a bad solenoid.
Always test the solenoid before changing the controller. Make sure that the solenoid closes when you apply 48 volts to one side and ground to the other. Verify that when the solenoid is closed you have 0 ohms across the big terminals. You will have to disconnect all 4 wires from the solenoid to do this test safely.
I've tried four solenoids now, one is a MODZ heavy duty that I have laying around. 53v into the solenoid from main pack, nothing on the other side, no click, no engagement. What about the small terminals can I test? they each have 53v if I ground to the main negative.

Also, what about the TPS? 5v in and 5v out while pressing the accelerator.
Old 06-16-2022, 06:23 AM   #20
rstacy
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Cart Surgeon View Post
I've tried four solenoids now, one is a MODZ heavy duty that I have laying around. 53v into the solenoid from main pack, nothing on the other side, no click, no engagement. What about the small terminals can I test? they each have 53v if I ground to the main negative.

Also, what about the TPS? 5v in and 5v out while pressing the accelerator.
Solenoid failure is rare but it happens. It sounds like you have eliminated that possibility. The red/yellow wire is the feed voltage. The other wire is the ground control from the controller. If you ground this terminal the solenoid should close.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha