lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-04-2014, 06:39 PM   #1
random bolts
Not Yet Wild

Default tomberlin emerge won't move and no power to controller

Working on a tomberlin emerge that won't move. no reverse buzzer solenoid doesn't click and parking brake light won't come on. I tired plugging my computer into the controller and the computer would not power up so it seems there is no power to the controller. checked all the connections the f&r switch run/tow switch brake switch and key switch are all functioning. i have power to the lights blinkers horn and display. have full pack voltage and power to solenoid. solenoid seems welded in the engaged spot. tried to jump solenoid nothing happened no sparks. any tips or ideas.
random bolts is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-04-2014, 07:22 PM   #2
JimVA
Not Yet Wild

Tomberlin

Default Re: tomberlin emerge won't move and no power to controller

A blown fuse ?
JimVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 08:55 PM   #3
random bolts
Not Yet Wild

checked all of the fuses. two inline the five in the box and two cartridge were all fine.
Old 02-10-2014, 11:35 AM   #4
dcannow
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

If you still have your problem you might take the rubber boot off the parking brake handle (2 screws). In the brake released position check the metal tab on the passenger side to see that it is pressing down far enough on the brake kill switch (shuts down the power when brake engaged). If not you can bend the tab down a little more to hit the switch plunger a little more. The parking brake light should be lighting even with this condition (unless bulb is bad). This swith caused me 3 days of frustration until I stumbled on to the parking brake switch. It occurred twice more on me and I finally superglued a piece of 1/8" flat metal on the tab to give it more reach. I have a 2012 Emerge and am using a set of 2010 manuals for reference. If you have it fixed let us know what was wrong and the fix for it.
dcannow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 10:23 PM   #5
random bolts
Not Yet Wild

the parking brake kill switch is fine sadly. I haven't had a chance to run through it lately. i've got to many other carts to fix that i know what's wrong and how to fix them. When i look at it i'll post any new findings. thanks for the tip tho!
Old 11-12-2014, 11:54 AM   #6
hmladner
Not Yet Wild

has anyone figured out the fix for this? I have a 2009' with no status light on the controller...e-brake is good... and all fuses... every thing turns on but the status light for the controller.

please advise .
hmladner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 03:35 PM   #7
Splash
Not Yet Wild

Check the main wire harness where it runs underneath the vehicle, you will probably have to open it and look for splices that may be corroded or broken and need repair. Also, have you checked the main contactor and the fuses located beside the controller?
Splash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 11:30 AM   #8
popeyeracing1
Not Yet Wild

Did anyone ever find a fix to this problem?
popeyeracing1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 09:50 AM   #9
Jonb
Not Yet Wild
Tomberlin

I purchased a tomberlin emerge 2009 year... It has 1100 miles on it. I have spent 100's of hours trying to figure out my problem of the cart not wanting to move. Lights and everything else worked. Previous owners had the cart in the shop and nobody could figure this out. I DID..... Take your accelerator assembly out.....take the cover off to expose the small plug that goes to the hall effect....looking down at the sensor the wies should be red, black,blue in that order. If your colors are the opposite like mine was that probably is your problem. I just pulled the plug out and reversed it....put it back in. Before you reinstall you can plug it in.....power up and see if your wheels turn.... I'm confident they will. Aditionally you will need to reverse the cables on your motor....the F1 and F2 need to be swapped around. This issue of tomberlins slowing down or NO MOVEMENT AT ALL is most likely due to this wire issue. Please if anybody does this process... let me know the results.
Jonb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin