lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-06-2010, 02:22 PM   #1
wilmash
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 2004 precedent electric

this cart is set on medium speed. how can i get it to go faster? i hear this may eliminate the auto braking but this is ok.
wilmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-06-2010, 08:25 PM   #2
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: 2004 precedent electric

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilmash View Post
this cart is set on medium speed. how can i get it to go faster? i hear this may eliminate the auto braking but this is ok.
Take it to a Club Car dealership with a programmer. Any reputable dealer will have one.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 11:46 AM   #3
wilmash
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

i believe all of us that ask for help tries to avoid dealer repair. ebay has sellers that claim a kit they sell wil do this but will lose the aoto braking.
wilmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 12:57 PM   #4
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

What Dawg is trying to say is that the Precedents have an "IQ" programable controller,
In most cases, a CC dealer (a reputable one, anyway) may not charge you to reprogram your cart,

EXCEPT... if you want a Speed code 4, which you'll have to pay Club Car in upwards of $100.00 or so to get around 19 mph,
The dealer can also reprogram the "regen" braking to not come on... It's all in what you want!

Hope this helps!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 01:46 PM   #5
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockman1 View Post
What Dawg is trying to say is that the Precedents have an "IQ" programable controller,
In most cases, a CC dealer (a reputable one, anyway) may not charge you to reprogram your cart,

EXCEPT... if you want a Speed code 4, which you'll have to pay Club Car in upwards of $100.00 or so to get around 19 mph,
The dealer can also reprogram the "regen" braking to not come on... It's all in what you want!

Hope this helps!

True... but not true at the same time... Yes any good dealer can adjust the speed of the car, and yes they'll charge for code 4... But the regen braking can not be permanently removed unless you get an aftermarket motor with a high speed magnet. As far as programming is concerned, the top speed will be limited by regen braking. It will never go away completely, just adjusted to a higher speed. The "Pedal Up" regen feature however, can be completely removed. By this I mean that when you release the accel pedal, it will not regen at all if this feature is turned off.
Old 05-07-2010, 07:14 PM   #6
tlr6334
Gone Wild
Club Car

you would think someone would design a software package to fit a laptop for the club car. That is where one does not need to buy the programmer from club car.
tlr6334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 08:32 PM   #7
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlr6334 View Post
you would think someone would design a software package to fit a laptop for the club car. That is where one does not need to buy the programmer from club car.
I believe you can buy the programmers directly from a Curtis dealer... I want to say it's considerably cheaper as well.
Old 05-07-2010, 09:50 PM   #8
golfcarfixer
Gone Wild

Club Car

I have a programmer from Clubcar but it only goes to 3,they keep it that way for liability issues is what I am told.
golfcarfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 05:14 PM   #9
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfcarfixer View Post
I have a programmer from Clubcar but it only goes to 3,they keep it that way for liability issues is what I am told.
It should have a Code A, Code B, and Code C.... Club Car has combination of three different numbers that you enter in these positions that will unlock code 4. That's what they charge you for... the code..
Old 05-09-2010, 06:31 PM   #10
tlr6334
Gone Wild
Club Car

That is ok if they charge you for the codes, I understand their concern for liability issues, but again why not set up and provide a software program for laptop pc's. If we have to pay for the program, so be it.
tlr6334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car