lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-07-2019, 08:23 PM   #1
Jtucker@benco.com
Not Yet Wild

Default 2009 Tomberlin emerge

I have a 2009 tomberlin emerge cart. I bought used with no charger or batteries . Do have another 48volt golf cart so I put batteries in and had all kinds of problems with broken wires and stuff ,so I fixed all that . I have lights turn signals and horn backup beeper and no movement . I ordered a new fwd and rev switch and Hall effect sensor . I have installed switch but still no movement . Hall effect is due in this week . I am just trying to figure out if this sensor could cause no movement . Thinking about the main contact now because mine does not click but I have good voltage coming in on top contact and also lower contact ! Please any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by Jtucker@benco.com; 05-07-2019 at 08:24 PM.. Reason: Need help please
Jtucker@benco.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-08-2019, 08:24 PM   #2
Jtucker@benco.com
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2009 Tomberlin emerge

Ok update Hall effect sensor installed and new switch . Still no movement and motor has Been tested with 12 volts and turns fine , nice and quiet . I really am at a loss . Any suggestions at this point will help !
Old 05-09-2019, 06:54 PM   #3
RFH II
Not Yet Wild
Tomberlin

The cart should have an onboard charger.
RFH II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 05:04 PM   #4
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

You could just keep changing parts.

I always ask, why did whoever originally park it? Wiring was a common issue in the early years.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 05:53 PM   #5
Jtucker@benco.com
Not Yet Wild

Yea onboard charger has been removed . I have it at a golf cart shop getting repaired now will post when I find out the issue !
Old 05-22-2019, 05:55 PM   #6
Jtucker@benco.com
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf cart guy View Post

I always ask, why did whoever originally park it? Wiring was a common issue in the early years.
Yea I don’t want to just keep replacing parts that can get expensive. Thanks though
Old 07-07-2019, 08:06 AM   #7
Jtucker@benco.com
Not Yet Wild

Ok so the golf cart shop sent the controller off and had it rebuilt . They informed me it still won’t move forward or reverse . He changed the accelerator Hall effect sensor and that didn’t fix it either . If anyone knows what it might be I’m open to suggestions at this point . Thanks
Old 07-08-2019, 07:03 PM   #8
Jtucker@benco.com
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf cart guy View Post

So I know wiring has been hacked on . I thought I got the wiring back right but it’s at a cart shop and they can’t figure it out either . What would you suggest at this point ?
Old 07-28-2019, 11:01 AM   #9
Purpleharley61
Getting Wild
Club Car

Did you ever get your cart to run? I have the same problem and replaced what u have also. I was wondering if it could be the emegency brake switch?
Purpleharley61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 03:10 PM   #10
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtucker@benco.com View Post
So I know wiring has been hacked on . I thought I got the wiring back right but it’s at a cart shop and they can’t figure it out either . What would you suggest at this point ?

It normally works out to be a connection wire, a pin that's not making contact. No common place for it, but time consuming to find out where it is.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin