lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-04-2016, 10:38 AM   #1
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

Default Tomberlin Vanish

To get those Vanish owners or servicers up to speed, there is a change in the tech support and parts areas for the Vanish.

You may remember Columbia purchased Tomberlin a little while back. Adding the Vanish into the mix has been a great door opener for us and we are enjoying learning a new market.

For technical support or for parts for the Vanish (not the E-Merge), tech support and parts are now being worked out of the Columbia office in Wisconsin. 800-222-4653.

You Vanish owners will also be happy to know you will have a new "sibling" in that product, as Flambeau will market the vehicle as the A.P.E. (Advanced Performance Electric) through it's network of outdoor experience type stores. Both vehicle are being built in the USA, in Reedsburg WI.

And a final note.....I've been providing tech support for the Columbia and ParCar products for quite some time, so while adding on Tomberlin Vanish and the Flambeau A.P.E. seems like an easy step, please know that I'm learning a new product. I will help in any way possible, but the greatest resource for a while, especially for me will be you folks who have owned and serviced them for years. Please don't stop offering assistance to one another and if I don't know an answer I for a question, I will probably be asking you guys.
Tech Support is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-19-2016, 12:44 PM   #2
Grandpa325
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Tomberlin Vanish

Hope you can help. A member at the club I work for has purchased an 07 Tomberlin emerge E4 LE (?). I just changed out the battery (8 6 volt NAPA 8143) and sent it on its way. 4 weeks later they come in an the cart is dead. When I plugged in the charger the red light comes on (flashes twice). I checked the voltage at the plug and had less than 6. I tried calling Columbia ParCar at the Leesberg location. 3 calls to, 1 back, after I had left work. In other words no contact. Problem is I removed a delta-q chargers model 912-4800 from the cart as I have no manuals I wanted to verify that this was the correct charger, and findout if I was going to have to select a charging program when I installed it or did it self detect. Sorry for being long winded but I thought providing details was better.

Bob
Grandpa325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 06:55 PM   #3
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Code 2 is too low battery voltage. Just charge or jump the battery pack to get voltage up and the delta Q charger will turn on. Simple.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 06:16 AM   #4
Grandpa325
Not Yet Wild

Sorry neglected to mention that I had recharged the pack & had 50.8 volts between first positive and last negative. The red light was still flashing twice

Last edited by Grandpa325; 08-20-2016 at 06:17 AM.. Reason: left out info
Old 08-20-2016, 10:08 AM   #5
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

so it did recharge?
07 Tomberlin should have come with a stand alone charger, so you may have a newer one.
If batteries are charged, but charger is flashing a code 2, then check connections at batteries, for 2 reasons. You have a non running cart I assume and one that doesn't charge. 50 volts, cart should run.
Old 08-20-2016, 04:48 PM   #6
Grandpa325
Not Yet Wild

Carts runs fine when I charge up the battery pack. This one has an onboard charger. The year of the cart comes from the mfg tag which lists it as 8/07
I charged up the pack with my shop charger.
As Tech Support works for Columbia I was hoping he could verify the charger and tell me if I need to select a charging program on the new charger. I was going to buy it from the Leesburg Location but was hesitant to do so without supporting info.

Bob
Old 08-21-2016, 10:00 AM   #7
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Code 2 is not a dead charger-that's most of the time a code 6

I don't think you have a dead charger and as far as changing the programing, that's not your issue.
Ive seen a zillion dead Delta-Q Chargers from Par Cars and Tomberlins, but never seen it flash a code 2 and be dead.

Par Car will charge you way overprice for a new Delta Q charger, you can find them cheaper if you go that route.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin