lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Hunting and Fishing
Hunting and Fishing Post all your hunting and fishing experiences here.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-28-2019, 04:27 PM   #11
Gazoo
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2019 trail camera pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
Why shoot a deer?
Well, that can partly be a matter of perspective. It can also party be a matter of that some people enjoy the taste of the meat. Contrary to what some people may believe, the majority of hunting is not done for sheer sport. Quite a lot of people depend on meat from hunting to help sustain their families during certain seasons. Especially people who do labor jobs where the work may be seasonally dependent.

The area I live in is largely lower income, blue collar population. Deer are quite prevalent here, but many of the people in this area do hunt and as mentioned above, many of them do rely on meat harvested from hunting. Go about two hours north of here into the Northern VA area, and there is a much larger human population, but many fewer hunters, and many of the municipalities do not allow hunting of any kind. This means there are high populations of deer that feed on what they can eat in peoples yards. Yet they still starve due to gross over-population. The numbers of deer laying dead on the side of roads there is ridiculous, and what little meat may be on those deer essentially goes to rot in the ditch because no-one eats them. State and county expenses are in the millions $$ to pay crews just to drive around all day and collect deer and animal carcasses. There are limited population control hunters who are hired to thin out herds in some areas, but they can only do so much, and hunting is only allowed in very small areas.

Is it more of a crime to allow them to starve, be run over by cars, and then tossed in a pit and buried?
Or to be allowed to feed and grow naturally and harvested for consumption by people who will use the meat for survival?

Not trying to jump on anyone's case, but hoping to seed/grow a better understanding of the subject.

Plus we're off-topic...
But back on topic, I just got a new camera I need to set up. There's a few coyotes that I'd like to have a run at this fall. And a couple really nice sized bucks that I saw a few weeks ago that I'd like to get a closer look at. And Turkey season is coming up and I know there's some big toms running around out here too.
Gazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-28-2019, 04:35 PM   #12
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Well said FT. It is not unusual to see many deer in parking lots in NOVA eating grass in the 4 foot strips of grass in and around them. Also, to add to the above they are so plentiful it makes riding a motorcycle even more dangerous.

I probably got a bit carried away above, but it seems that nobody any more has any tolerance for something THEY don't like. Whether it's a Confederate statue, a nativity scene, gun ownership, hunting, etc. I for one have had it with other people claiming my beliefs and values "offend" them or make them uncomfortable.

I believe the Bible, and it says God gave man dominion over animals. I don't care if someone else does not believe that, just don't interfere with my right to believe it.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 05:21 PM   #13
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Hey, no offense here buddy I didnt mean to sound like I was attacking anybody. I dont think any differently of people that do or dont hunt. Different strokes for different folks :)

Around here about everybody hunts. And then they clean them and dump the carcasses everywhere illegally... fields, dirt roads, ditches off the sides of the road, etc. I've lost count how many nasty things my dogs have brought home from God knows where...

I was just curious more than anything really. I have deer running through my front yard regularly. They dont hurt anything and I let them be. My neighbor shoots them off his back porch, no need for tromping through the woods i guess

I understand everybody has their own feelings and beliefs. Just because something isnt for me doesnt mean I want to push my beliefs on anyone else same as I dont want the opposite done to me. Sorry, didnt mean to start a big argument here or anything :)
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 05:27 PM   #14
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Old 09-02-2019, 03:47 PM   #15
70oldsracer
Gone Wild

Not the outcome i was looking for.
70oldsracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 02:19 PM   #16
Lochlin
Gone Wild

I have never hunted a day in my life but I hate deer and am glad people blast the &%^ * out of them. My neighborhood is overrun with them. I have hit two with a car (well, one actually took a header into the side of my car so technically it hit me). Particularly in the fall, my lawn contains more deer poo than dirt. I have to crunch over it every time I mow. Heck, just last fall a buck squared up on me while I was mowing. He wanted to fight me as evidenced by his stomping and scraping at the ground like a bull does while getting ready to attack a matador. I was able to chase him with the mower though and he took off. I know not one but two people who got Lyme disease this past year. Although it's not often fatal there is no cure.

Deer are nothing more than huge rats in my mind.....just a lot prettier.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 05:49 AM   #17
Gazoo
Gone Wild

Club Car

Deer are nothing more than huge rats in my mind.....just a lot prettier.[/QUOTE]

....and tastier.
Gazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 01:40 AM   #18
buckmanmike
Gone Wild

Hope to see this one this season.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_26082019_042402_(640_x_480_pixel).jpg (90.5 KB, 0 views)
buckmanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 01:49 AM   #19
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazoo View Post
Deer are nothing more than huge rats in my mind.....just a lot prettier.
....and tastier. [/QUOTE]
Old 09-06-2019, 01:50 AM   #20
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckmanmike View Post
Hope to see this one this season.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Hunting and Fishing