lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-21-2014, 10:40 PM   #1
Naturile
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default fr switch

Put a Scotty b HD cam on my f/r switch and now nothing what in the world did I do wrong? Solenoid clicks but no forward or reverse , I'm missing something try again tomorrow,I read on here all the time when you mess with the f/r switch this can happen I need help I'm sure I didn't pay attention to something thanks
Naturile is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-21-2014, 11:11 PM   #2
financethis
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: fr switch

when you replace the cam you do not disconnecting wires. I would say you didn't tighten down the center bolt.
financethis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 07:36 AM   #3
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Agree. I assume you followed the included instructions as they are very good.
I learned two things when I did mine. The center bolt takes some finesse to get right. It needs to be tight enough to get good connections but not so tight as to make the switch lever too difficult to turn. I probably spent 15min on this adjustment and worth the time I think. Also after the installation of the switch cam I found I had to make sure the switch (lever) was rotated ALL the way before it would engage. My original switch cam was not so fussy. Not a bad thing, just different. After a few days my muscle memory was reprogramed and it has not been a problem since. You shouldn't have removed the entire switch from the cart but if you did you have to get it back in the right place.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 08:12 AM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

I don't have a series cart, so I'm not sure on this, but doesn't a dielectric lubricant on the contacts help the F/R switch shift easier?
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 08:17 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Run the center pivot shaft nut all the way down to the bottom of the threads.

The HD switch cam is thicker than the original and will result in slightly harder to shift operation. This is normal until it wears in some.

Failure to tighten the center nut can result in poor connection, arcing, or a lack of operation.

Trying to finesse the tension adjustment so that it is easy to operate will reduce the contact pressure and can result in some of the problems already mentioned.

Installing the switch cam in a very worn F&R may not give good results.
Re-installing the linkage plate up side down at nut A (see install diagram) will result in unsatisfactory operation
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 02:36 PM   #6
Naturile
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks guys works perfect!
Old 05-22-2014, 03:01 PM   #7
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturile View Post
Thanks guys works perfect!
Would you care to say what the problem was?
Old 05-22-2014, 03:12 PM   #8
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
I don't have a series cart, so I'm not sure on this, but doesn't a dielectric lubricant on the contacts help the F/R switch shift easier?
I used dielectric grease on mine when I installed the cam. Can't say for sure that it makes it easier to turn. It takes some muscle to move it, no doubt, and is a little stiffer than when the cart was new. Been fine for a couple of years now. If I had to do it over again, I probably would go for the reversing contactors. They weren't available in kit form when I did mine. It's probably in my future.
Old 05-22-2014, 03:28 PM   #9
Naturile
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I didn't have the nut on the back tight enough, I thought if I got it to tight it wouldn't be able to move. But now I know another life lesson bet it won't happen again thanks again guys!
Old 05-22-2014, 04:05 PM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Thanks for sharing and adding to the data base we all love and know as BGW
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO