lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-05-2011, 12:37 PM   #1
scotth89
Not Yet Wild

Angry Jakes Lifts / Buggies Unlimited double charge?

I ordered a lift from

Jakes lifts

website yesterday. I get an email from Jake's lifts that the order was confirmed. Today I get an email from Buggies Unlimited stating that my order has shipped. I then log into my online banking account and notice that I have been charged twice for the same item @ $339.98. I called Buggies Unlimited customer service, because that is the company that actually charged my account. Their customer service rep. told me that they charge once when the product is ordered and once when the product is shipped, but one of the charges is just a pending charge.

This is total b.s. This still affects your bottom line in you account. I had no problems with over draft fees or anything of that matter, it's just the principal of the matter. I kindly informed her that if I would have know this, that I would have never ordered the product from them, and that I would not do any business with them in the future.

Same story from the Jake's Lifts customer service rep. I tried to give some constructive criticism on the issue, to no avail. They didn't want to hear it. "Sorry that's just the way it is, one is just a hold and will come off of your account in a few days."

Never, ever will I do business with either of these two companies, or whomever their parent company is.

Any other experienced this treatment from them?

If this is in the wrong forum please move it. I wasn't sure exactly where to put it.
scotth89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-05-2011, 12:41 PM   #2
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Jakes Lifts/Buggies Unlimited double charge?

Have you tried to call Jake's and see if they can work it out for you?
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 12:43 PM   #3
scotth89
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostHusker View Post
Have you tried to call Jake's and see if they can work it out for you?
Edit
scotth89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 01:04 PM   #4
rose88
Gone Wild

Club Car

Sorry to hear of your bad experience with BU or Jake's. I am a dealer and do not like to hear of these things. If I can be of help to you in the future please give us a try.

Thanks

Richard
rose88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 03:30 PM   #5
rocknrone
Romans 1 : 16 Unashamed

E-Z-GO

That's why we all need to support our great site sponsors. Every one of them I've dealt with has been extremely helpful and willing to work out any problems. They also keep this forum going so we can all come, learn, ask questions, and in your case, GRIPE! I guess you've learned your lesson with BU; that's why they aren't mentioned much here. They're totally about the bottom line.
rocknrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 04:14 PM   #6
big mule
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknrone View Post
That's why we all need to support our great site sponsors. Every one of them I've dealt with has been extremely helpful and willing to work out any problems. They also keep this forum going so we can all come, learn, ask questions, and in your case, GRIPE! I guess you've learned your lesson with BU; that's why they aren't mentioned much here. They're totally about the bottom line.

The way I read his post is that he bought from Jake's lift kits which I'm pretty sure is a site sponsor,maybe I mis-read it?
big mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 04:15 PM   #7
casper4203
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Hey! I just ordered my lift kit Sunday. They did the same crap to me. THAT'S B.S.. I was about to order rims and tires. Guess who won't be getting THAT order..... BUGGIES UNLIMITTED!!!
casper4203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 04:19 PM   #8
casper4203
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by big mule View Post
The way I read his post is that he bought from Jake's lift kits which I'm pretty sure is a site sponsor,maybe I mis-read it?
Your right. I clicked on "JAKE'S" and it sent me to B.U.'s site. Lesson learned.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:39 PM   #9
rocknrone
Romans 1 : 16 Unashamed

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by big mule View Post
My bad. I didn't read carefully. My apologies and I'm sorry I spoke so quickly. Please forgive me and disregard my previous post.
rocknrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 05:55 PM   #10
casper4203
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Hey Rich of RRR. I did check your site but didn't see any Marathon kits. I was ordering on Sunday with a pot of coffee on so I couldn't call.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts