lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-17-2010, 07:31 PM   #1
mikemathis18
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 1996 club car will not move

HELLO EVERYONE

OK I BOUGHT A 1996 CLUB CAR IT NEEDED BATTERIES AND FORWARD AND REVERSE SWITCH SO I BOUGHT A BEEFED UP SWITCH AND I BOUGHT FOUR 12 VOLT DEEP CYLCE BATTERS AND I TRIED TO HIT THE THROTTLE NO RESPONSE SO I TRIED TO TEST THE ELECTRIC MOTOR AND WHEN I WAS TAKING IT OFF THE CONNECTION BROKE OFF INSIDE SO I REPLACED THE ELECTRIC MOTOR FROM A 05 MODEL ANYWAYS STILL NOTHING I CHECKED THE BATTERIES AND I AM GETTING 52.9 SO THE BATTERIES ARE GOOD THE MOTOR IS GOOD, I CHECKED THE CURTIS PAC AND ITS GETN JUICE EVERYWHERE EXCEPT TO THE NEG WHICH RUNS TO MY BATTERY AND TO THE GREEN YELLOW AND RED WIRES , I AM NOT SURE IF THEY ARE SUPPOSE TO BE HOT OR NOT, SO I CHECKED THE POTENTMETER WELL IT LOOKS LIKE ONE ITS ACTUALLY SHAPED A LITTLE LIKE A STOP SIGN IT HAS TWO WIRES ONE WAS HOT AND ONE WAS NOT CAN SOME ONE HELP ME PLEASE. I DO HAVE A WIRING DIAGRAM AND I CHECKED IT AND EVERYTHING LOOKS OK OTHER THAN A WHITE AND BLACK WIRE ON THE F AND R SWITH IT SAYS THEY CONNECT AT THE END WELL ON MY CART THEY DONT, ANYWAYS ANY SUGGESTIONSIF SO PLEASE HELP AND THANKS
mikemathis18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-17-2010, 09:05 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1996 club car will not move

Please re-post this without solid caps ... I would like to help but, I can't read it.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 08:40 AM   #3
mikemathis18
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

ok i bought a 1996 club car it had no reverse and no batteries so i purchased a beefed up forward and reverse swith then i bought four 12 volt deep cycle batteries pos to neg and starting at pos from the selonid and still nothing si was gonna take off the electris motor and check it but the end broke of inside so i purchased a 05 cc motor and still nothing i checked the batteries and i have 52.9 so there good i checked my curtis pac and its getting juice to all the ewires except the three individual wires and the com wire that runs to the battery i am not sure if those are suppose to be hot if so there ls my problem. i also checked my potentmeter and its not the pie shaped one its actually shapped a little like a stop sign and there were two wires behind on a limit swith well one was hot and one wasnt please help if u can
Old 04-18-2010, 08:47 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Okay
The three small wires to the controller are 1 for positive power "on" and two for throttle position indicator...... did you find a wiring diagram in the stickies at the top of this section? Print that out and compare it to what you have ......
Old 04-18-2010, 09:05 AM   #5
mikemathis18
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

ok i do have a diagram and everything looks ok other than a white wire and a black wire that split at the forward and reverse switch mine are actually not together like the diagram shows them together then splitting but if i should have juice at the wires of the controller then that might be my prob
Old 04-18-2010, 09:11 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Yes. like I said one of them is a positive pack voltage and the other 2 are the throttle, which works on ohms. They are 2 very different signals .... don't mix them up.
Old 04-18-2010, 09:15 AM   #7
mikemathis18
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

ok thank you very much i am gonna give it a try i have one here i ll see what happens
Old 04-18-2010, 08:41 PM   #8
mikemathis18
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

ok well i just wanted to say i checked my batteries and 52.9 i checked my electric motor on all four connections and 52.9 so i checked my selonid and 52.9 ok well now i checked my forward and reverse and 52.9 and then i checked the controller b- 52.9 b plus 52.9 and then m- nothing until i put it in reverse then i got 52.9 . well on 1 2 3 the red green yellow wires on the side i got nothing like on the red it would jump to .6 then drop so nothing, so just wondering is that defitnely what s wrong or coud it be my potentiometer
Old 04-18-2010, 08:47 PM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I thought I was pretty clear that one of the 3 small wires will be power + to the controller ... that turns it on.

the other 2 will carry an ohms reading varying from 5k-0 ohms to tell the controller what position the gas peddle is in....... What part of this explanation is not making sense to you? The ohms? The power up for the controller?
Old 04-18-2010, 09:18 PM   #10
mikemathis18
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

yes actually i am new at this and not sure what ohms are suppose to read but 5k to 0 i understand a lil more know. i checked the one pos and didnt get nothing on either of them on dc volts so i will check the ohms or should i just replace considering its not reading 52.9 its just jumping a lil not trying to be agravating just wanna take the kids around the campground at our new camper but yes ohms are confusing me i am learning the ropes

Tags
i am new help
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car