lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-29-2007, 11:44 AM   #21
tew45
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Default Re: my Harley Davidson golf cart

Yes it can be done by using parts from a tiller front end. I will do that when it gets warmer here (I don't work outside when it is below 55 degrees unless I have to) I would remove the score card holder and see if there are holes in the fiberglass to look through or look under and see how much of the tiller mounting holes are usable then form a plan. It shouldn't be too hard if you have tools and ability.
tew45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-29-2007, 10:03 PM   #22
caddymankc
WILD

E-Z-GO

How rare are the 4 wheeled ones? Sorry to hijack your thread
caddymankc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 01:23 AM   #23
tew45
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Don't know. Don't see many HD's at all in this part of the country!
Old 02-06-2009, 08:40 AM   #24
VStrom
Not Yet Wild

I just found this site a couple of weeks ago and wanted to introduce myself. Retired, old as dirt, and always looking for a "project". I picked up a HD Gas Golf Cart found in a field out in the boonies and now find that I really know nothing about what I have.

It is remarkebly intact. Everything seems to be there but has sat in the grass for who knows how long. Serial number # 3B-10822-J2. From what I have been able to find here is should be an 82, though I have no idea if I am deciphering this correctly. It is a tiller model, has a two-way key switch rather than a lever for F/R. Has a single disk brake in the rear center and nothing on the wheels.

My confusion is that I had thought the tiller models were the older style and replaced by the steering wheel. However, the J2 seems to indicate 80 and newer.

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance.
VStrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 09:40 AM   #25
tew45
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

I also am retired and older than dirt so welcome to the forum! I have a 1976 HD gas. I bought it as junk, and it was but i rebuilt it and it runs great now. The standard three wheel cart was a tiller model and the steering wheel was an option for more cash. I think the 4 wheel models were all steering wheel type. A J2 number is a 1982.
Good luck with your cart! All of the folks on this forum are great and can give you all the information you want.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:13 PM   #26
THOLLAND911
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

If you check your local (if you have one) Par Car dealer you can still get most of the parts. A good source and great pictures is http://www.vintagegolfcartparts.com
THOLLAND911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 06:40 AM   #27
VStrom
Not Yet Wild

Thank you both for the info. I plan to dig my way through the snow today to the mini-barn and get started on inspecting this thing. Of course, by the time I get there, I will likely just take a nap instead.
VStrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson