lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-06-2020, 11:28 AM   #1
jjake
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2005 TXT EzGo - 36v to 48v conversion parts list

I intend to convert my cart from 36v to 48v. It seems simple in theory but the more I read the forum, the more my parts list keeps growing and I still have a few questions. Can someone take a look at my list and give me some guidance on what I may be missing:

1. SR48400 w/400 solenoid - Carts Unlimited
2. Reversing contactor DC182 - Carts Unlimited
3. Battery charger question - I have seen three prong round plugs and three prong triangular plugs for 48v chargers. Can I get a 48v charger with the "D" style plug or do I need to change the receptacle on the cart? Is there a preferred charger brand and plug style?
4. Battery cable question - I'm planning on using 6-8v batteries. Can I reuse my existing 2 gauge battery cables? It seems to be mentioned in passing on some of the threads that new longer cables are required.

Thank you
jjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-06-2020, 12:20 PM   #2
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: 2005 TXT EzGo - 36v to 48v conversion parts list

If you are replacing batteries and charger....look at drop in lithium. It comes with charger and BMS. Plug and go. I have been extremely happier with it.
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 12:28 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2005 TXT EzGo - 36v to 48v conversion parts list

1. The 400/400 is a great combo. Add the fan kit for longer sustained peak output and potentially longer controller life at cooler temps.
3. The Lester Summit II smart charger can be ordered with a D plug for your cart. The Lester offers a phone app with downloadable charge algorithms for most makes and model batteries and it has a 4yr warranty.
4. Longer cable are required because the posts are on the same side with 8v unlike the diagonal arrangement of the 6v posts. Use 3/16, 14, 8 inch cables. Or we can send you a set.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TXT48.jpg (33.4 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO