lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-25-2008, 08:57 PM   #1
jmill
Not Yet Wild

Default drive belt

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i have a problem with my drive belt, what its doing is when i put a new belt on and start driving, the driven clutch plates open up and the belt falls between the two plate on the clutch, and the belt falls so far in between the 2 plates that it never comes back out, and it is so tight that i cant get the belt off, so i have to cut it off. any ideas? maybe a bad/worn out clutch?
jmill is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-25-2008, 09:08 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: drive belt

Maybe the wrong belt. Should be loose when the cart is off......
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 09:19 PM   #3
jmill
Not Yet Wild

i just ordered 2 of them part# 14153g01 they said they were for my year and model
Old 10-25-2008, 09:38 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Maybe someone who has heard of this problem will respond shortly....
Old 10-25-2008, 10:06 PM   #5
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Is this a new problem just showing up? Is this a new cart for you and issues now coming to a point? It looks to be a late 80's to early 90's cart - are the clutches original? If you can get the belt on easily, I don't see why you have to cut them off? Share a little more info, please...
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 08:42 AM   #6
jmill
Not Yet Wild

its an 85 with a 244 robin engine that i rebuilt last year, drove it all last year, and this year at my cottage with out any problems, until about a month ago when I closed my cottage for winter, in september, thats the first time the belt was stuck between the two plates on the driven clutch, so had to cut it off,because it was soooo tight, i tought it may have been a worn out belt, ordered a new belt (B.U.), drove the cart for 2 min. and same thing "stuck", cut off the belt again, ordered a belt from a different place same thing. so yesterday i took off my clutch to see if i could find a part # but i couldnt find anything. thats were im at now
Old 10-26-2008, 08:51 AM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The clutches are centrifugal type....They function by changing size as the sloped plates are thrown together at speed....Perhaps your plates are stuck = not a belt problem????
Old 10-26-2008, 06:58 PM   #8
jmill
Not Yet Wild

after cutting off the belts the clutch plates move back to ther correct postion, because yesterday as i was cutting off the belt my hand slipped between both plates as i made my last stroke of cutting the belt off, lets just sad i need a new clutch now, i had to pry it apart with a bar (thank god my son was home)
Old 10-27-2008, 06:40 AM   #9
ruredy
Born Wild

If your driven clutch was working the way it's should (sounds like it was) It must be the drive clutch that's sticking.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 12:56 PM   #10
jmill
Not Yet Wild

I'm going to start with the driven clutch first, I'll let u guys know what happens from there. Thanks for your replys
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO