lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-24-2013, 09:57 PM   #1
Aqua cart
Not Yet Wild

Default 2001 club cart bent frame

Found a decently cheap club cart, just want it for bombing around the lake. Drivers side wheel is set back couple inches and dealer says frame is bent. Still steers straight though. Is this worth buying and trying to fix? It's just aluminum rails can they be carefully pulled and hammered straight? This cart is about $1000 cheaper then anything else I have found and will strickly be for cruising to the beach and neighbors. Any tips, help, and advice would be great thanks guys!
Aqua cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-25-2013, 02:25 PM   #2
caokgafamily
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2001 club cart bent frame

Aqua Cart,
I find it hard to believe the front frame is bent, I'm talking the alum I beam. The steering and front suspension all conect to a steel a frame that sits and is bolted to the frame I beam. Can you fix stuff? mechanically inclined? if so go for it. My other concern would be the price of the cart and the batteries? Is the cart stock? How much can you get it for?
Steve
caokgafamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:38 PM   #3
CartTrader
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by caokgafamily View Post
Aqua Cart,
I find it hard to believe the front frame is bent, I'm talking the alum I beam. The steering and front suspension all conect to a steel a frame that sits and is bolted to the frame I beam. Can you fix stuff? mechanically inclined? if so go for it. My other concern would be the price of the cart and the batteries? Is the cart stock? How much can you get it for?
Steve

I agree with caokgafamily. It all comes down to what they want for it. You say about $1000 cheaper than others. Where you located? I have been buying 2001, 2002 and 2003 CCs for $1000 to $1200. With tops, windshields, lights and sunbrella rain covers, with 3 yr old batteries. REALLY nice Club Cars.

CartTrader
CartTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:31 PM   #4
Aqua cart
Not Yet Wild

I am a journeyman welder but quit trade years ago, don't have the access to the tools and equipment I used to have but the skills are still back in my head somewhere lol. This will be our first cart and I know nothing about these things. Been working on sleds and trucks for years, I was figuring it was just a-arms or something that could be replaced. I just had a quick look at it and didn't see much but the dealer says it's the aluminum rail. I dunno the wheel is straight just pushed back and the front bumper is crooked. I think I can make it work for us just wondered if anyone had done this before. Think I'll get it and chain it to my bench and truck and start pulling and hammering. Thanks guys
Old 02-25-2013, 07:56 PM   #5
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Welcome!!The front Suspension-cradle is probably the issue.If so,and you want to lift it,the kit should replace that assembly completely.I say go for it.If its' truly bent,worst case is repair the frame,even if you had to cut the section out,get it repaired,and reattached.Depending on where you are located,maybe a member can help-out with the welding,or at least the equipment.Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:05 PM   #6
Aqua cart
Not Yet Wild

Wasn't planning on a lift. What are they worth? Really just started on these things, never owned one but decided we should pick one up for the lake. I am in Saskatoon Saskatchewan
Old 02-25-2013, 08:08 PM   #7
Aqua cart
Not Yet Wild

Anyone have a pic of what these things should look like! I haven't bought it yet but would like to see what it looks like with the plastic off
Old 02-28-2013, 05:24 PM   #8
Aqua cart
Not Yet Wild

Well I bought it, haven't had a chance to get it apart yet. Steering gets tight because the steep angle of shaft and then being pushed back I think. Hope it's easy. Wish me luck
Old 02-28-2013, 11:21 PM   #9
Aqua cart
Not Yet Wild

Got it all apart... That was easy. The wheel on drivers side sits back about two inches cause of the wow in the frame and the holes stretched out. If I can't get frame straight would it hurt to place the axle straight and just redrill holes in frame and mounting plates? It's just gonna be a lake cruiser for the family, may paint it up but doesn't need to be perfect
Old 02-28-2013, 11:29 PM   #10
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

If the frame is close to parallel side to side(one side isn't higher/lower than the other,then I would redrill it and run it.In the meantime,look for a parts-cart and you could always swap the frames later-on.Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car