lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-07-2010, 06:06 PM   #1
Phil J
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Jakes Long Travel 1995 CC What needs lube

I have a post in this section about new member and first build (Phil J). I have pretty much finished the install but have come up with a couple concerns.
1.There must be 12 heim joints. Should I have pre lubed these joints and if yes what should I use and how to apply?

2.The 2 steering shafts that go to the tie rod ends. Looks like the flat surface on shaft is where wrench is used to adjust toe . Not being able to see inside rubber boot is there any concern of how it is attached inside steering Assembly in regards to how much it is turned?

3.The long bolt that goes through heim spacer and then through heim joint and spindle assemble and then through joint and spacer again and then lock nut. Does the bolt need to be lubed and also how tight should it be (torque)?

Thanks Phil
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1020600 (640x480).jpg (110.3 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg P1020599 (640x480).jpg (113.6 KB, 16 views)

Last edited by Phil J; 05-07-2010 at 06:07 PM.. Reason: check spelling
Phil J is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-08-2010, 01:33 PM   #2
arcitech
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Jakes Long Travel 1995 CC What needs lube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil J View Post
I have a post in this section about new member and first build (Phil J). I have pretty much finished the install but have come up with a couple concerns.
1.There must be 12 heim joints. Should I have pre lubed these joints and if yes what should I use and how to apply? No lube is required and there is no way to lube them. The inserts are a tough nylon that should last the life of your cart.

2.The 2 steering shafts that go to the tie rod ends. Looks like the flat surface on shaft is where wrench is used to adjust toe . Not being able to see inside rubber boot is there any concern of how it is attached inside steering Assembly in regards to how much it is turned? I'm not sure on this, but I believe the rod end inside the boot on the rack&pinion is set and does not extend or retract, only the tie rod end is being moved when you turn the rod.

3.The long bolt that goes through heim spacer and then through heim joint and spindle assemble and then through joint and spacer again and then lock nut. Does the bolt need to be lubed and also how tight should it be (torque)?From what I've seen, once you tighten up the spindle bolt, the heim joints become your rotation point, and not the bushings in the spindle. Torque to at least 75ftlb to be sure, and check all your mounting bolts after a drive to make sure nothing shook loose.

Thanks Phil
BTW, nice install! Have FUN!!!!
arcitech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 07:58 PM   #3
Phil J
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Jakes Long Travel 1995 CC What needs lube

Arcitech thanks for info. Looks like you also have a Jakes lift. Your cart looks great. So far I like the product but the instuction are a little light for a novice. Jakes has been great with working with me by phone. I have talked and e-mailed Ken a couple times.

After I get it on the road that will be the real test.
Phil
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1020614 (640x480).jpg (91.2 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg P1020615 (640x480).jpg (106.9 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg P1020616 (640x480).jpg (105.9 KB, 11 views)
Phil J is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts