lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-09-2020, 08:16 PM   #11
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Default Re: VC 625 dies when warm.

I guess I have been Really lucky. I have been using starting fluid to test if there is a fuel system problem on all sorts of vehicles for 55 years and Never had an issue ?
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-09-2020, 09:24 PM   #12
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydhd View Post
I guess I have been Really lucky. I have been using starting fluid to test if there is a fuel system problem on all sorts of vehicles for 55 years and Never had an issue ?
Wow you have been lucky. Ether is kinda a old school thing. They don't even spend time talking about it in ASE classes anymore, maybe a few minutes, like...."Ok, this is Ether. Don't use it. It will blow an engine up."

Ray, it's ok man, you can admit that you really just have the wife grab the plug while you pull the recoil on the lawn mower . That's a sure way to know if there is spark.

Go ahead and use Starting Fluid in a small engine. Be my guest. I won't do it. I've seen a CAT engine with a crack in the cylinder from using Ether. I've seen a weed trimmer cracked in half. I've seen a 7.3 Powerstroke with a hole in the head. And I've seen a pressure washer with the head popped right off. All from using Ether.

In your case, Ray, you probably know how much to use and have not "gotten lucky", you just use it like it's supposed to be used. Most people aren't like us. Telling someone who you don't know to use starting fluid is very risky. Just sayin. If you spray too much, KABOOM!
slonomo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 09:44 PM   #13
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

No where I go thru the steps I say to use the spark tester first. Then if there is spark then see if it will run on staring fluid to see if it is a fuel system problem. P.S. Mr. Chevy and I each keep 3 cans of the stuff around for a quick diagnosis of a non runner. He is 80 years old and still does it too. Another Really lucky guy I guess.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 09:52 PM   #14
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydhd View Post
No where I go thru the steps I say to use the spark tester first. Then if there is spark then see if it will run on staring fluid to see if it is a fuel system problem. P.S. Mr. Chevy and I each keep 3 cans of the stuff around for a quick diagnosis of a non runner. He is 80 years old and still does it too. Another Really lucky guy I guess.
As I said, it's an old school thing. My grandpap had several cans in his garage too. That's the way things were back then. But then again, old cars and tractors had engines that were made of cast iron and were built to last. Today's aluminum engines do not like Ether, neither do modern diesels.
slonomo is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!