lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-23-2020, 12:00 PM   #1
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Voltage reducer for Roypow

Just installed my new Roypow 105ah, was wondering if I could hook this 30A reducer to run my wench, lights with so I don't have to have another 12 volt battery in cart?

Screen Shot 2020-07-23 at 11.55.37 AM.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Cllena-Voltag...6EC57MSJ22PC9K
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-24-2020, 08:29 AM   #2
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: Voltage reducer for Roypow

I think I have found the answer to my own question...seems that my wench is 25 amps but pulling at full capacity it will use up to 160amps. Does anyone know if that is why I shouldn't run wench thru reducer? Is my assumption correct?
Old 07-24-2020, 01:21 PM   #3
Lightning8U
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Brad View Post
I think I have found the answer to my own question...seems that my wench is 25 amps but pulling at full capacity it will use up to 160amps. Does anyone know if that is why I shouldn't run wench thru reducer? Is my assumption correct?
What voltage is the wench rated for? If the wench is rated for a full 48v DC, it should be fine, otherwise, you will need a massive transformer to reduce the nominal 51v down to the voltage requirements of the wench. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Lightning8U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 09:09 PM   #4
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

12 volts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-29-2020, 08:26 AM   #5
fstop
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Brad View Post
12 volts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Can't run a load like that through a smallish / economical reducer. Way too much current draw. I doubt it would even power it with no load. Wrap the cable around a tree and try to pull the cart? It won't work.

As mentioned, you need a 48v winch. Wench is a pirate's girlfriend.
fstop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 03:17 PM   #6
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Yea, I finally figured that out....I just put 2 - 6 volt batteries in the compartment next to Roypow to run wench, lights and front differential switch. Hate to put any of those back in, but no choice I guess.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium