lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Columbia ParCar

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-19-2020, 06:03 PM   #1
inairam
Not Yet Wild
Columbia

Default Summit sometimes no reverse

My 2007 suv-l summit some times does not like to go into reverse. Sometimes nothing in revese nothing at all and sometimes it tries but does not get there.

I notice it at the end of the day because I park in backed. But I do occasionally use reverse during the day and do not notice it.

What is strange is if I leave it overnight there is no issue the next time I use it.

The light is steady green on the controller.

Loose wire on the motor?
inairam is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-25-2020, 10:08 AM   #2
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

Default Re: Summit sometimes no reverse

The motor itself doesn’t know forward from reverse, it just sees current flow one way or the other. So in reverse, when it doesnt move, with your foot on the accelerator the green LED is still solid? Do you have a way to try it and watch the controller LED at the same time?
Tech Support is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 01:51 PM   #3
inairam
Not Yet Wild
Columbia

The main connector to the control has a loose connection. If I giggle the wires it has reverse. I guess I have to replace the main harness or redo the connector
Old 07-29-2020, 02:23 PM   #4
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

The entire harness is part number 759890.

But...is the plug at the end a molded rubber plug, or one where you can see the actual wire go into the plastic connectors at the back?
Tech Support is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 01:47 PM   #5
inairam
Not Yet Wild
Columbia

It is not the molded plug. I did see the kit to replace the plug but I am wondering is the no hi/ low is also related to a loose connection. I got the harness that came with the molded plug. I have not replaced it yet.

Tags
no reverse
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Columbia ParCar