lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-05-2020, 12:07 AM   #1
sdman
Not Yet Wild

Default Scan Tool

Hello,

How do I get a scan tool for my 08? My cart was just taken out of storage and brought to my campsite. I went to use it today and it just clicks. I lifted the cart and can get the wheels to move up to three mph then I hear a click and the wheels stop. I’m hoping to get a scan tool to check for codes.

Thank you
sdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-05-2020, 12:41 AM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Scan Tool

Do you know which controller it has?

I know some had GE controllers, but it's been a long time since we were tomberlin dealers... not like they offered us much help then, but I'll at least look.

I know it's hard to tell through that hole in the controller cover, but any help (or the best pictures you can provide through that hole).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 01:55 AM   #3
sdman
Not Yet Wild

Thanks, I will check in the morning
Old 07-05-2020, 09:02 AM   #4
sdman
Not Yet Wild

Hello,

I have a ge can control. I purchased the cart new in 08 and I think it is a 07 model. I’m also having a problem with the key switch. When I go from the acc setting to on everything shuts off and I have to turn the key off/on toget it to work.
Old 07-05-2020, 12:47 PM   #5
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

So GE controller you need the computer cord to hook up to your lap top, plus the software.

If everything goes dead, check battery voltage and cable connections. Good place to start.

The early cars had wiring issues.

One area of concern was right under the driver side frame rail- water would get in there and corrode the wiring, moving that harness by hand may make the dash come back, if so you found your problem. Cut that harness open and it will be obvious at that point.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 02:42 PM   #6
sdman
Not Yet Wild

Thank you for your reply. I can get the dash to work but I still have the problem with the cart not working. If I move the wheels when the cart is jacked up I hear what sounds like a Solonoid clicking.

Also, I just checked my batteries and one of them is bad, they are 5 years old. Could this cause the issue I’m having?
Old 07-14-2020, 03:43 PM   #7
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Can cause your issue. Motor can be a problem too.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scan tool
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin