lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart News and Events > Announcements
Announcements Important information concerning the forum and members.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-25-2020, 01:48 PM   #1
StumpNocker
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default New Georgia Laws

https://thebrunswicknews.com/news/lo...e5da7b681.html

This story showed up on my Google feed today, figured I would share. I wasnt aware of the differences in the PTV and an LSV. I know some of you are in the Peach State.
StumpNocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-25-2020, 02:03 PM   #2
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: New Georgia Laws

I think that only applies to Glynn county.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 02:41 PM   #3
StumpNocker
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post
I think that only applies to Glynn county.
Good point. I didn't realize the state Senate needed to vote for a county ordinance. I thought that was for state laws. Learned a few things today.
StumpNocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 03:36 PM   #4
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The article isn't written very well and probably the writer doesn't really understand the subject matter. I read it as the state modified their law such that the county could make a rule they wanted without going afoul of the state regulations.
Peachtree City Ga.,where I live, was built with golf carts integrated into the city transportation system. Our local state gov't representative is tuned in to any state assembly actions related to golf carts. I checked today on the cities' web site and facebook pages. Nothing about this was mentioned and if this rule applied state wide all h**l would break loose here.

For your info the state of Georgia has defined a golf cart as a 4 wheel vehicle designed for golf with speed up to 15mph. A PTV (personal transportation vehicle) can carry more than 2 people and speeds up to 20mph. An LSV/NEV (low speed vehicle) (neighborhood electric vehicle) can have speeds up to 25 mph but must have a 17 digit VIN, lights including signals/brake, safety glass windshield and wiper, seat belts, 4 wheel brakes, reflectors and probably something else I don't remember right now. Also in PTC they have to have a roof mounted amber beacon. LSV's require a drivers license, Ga. tag, and insurance. This from memory so I could have made some errors but you get the idea.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart News and Events > Announcements