lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-17-2020, 12:42 PM   #1
Peetmoss
Not Yet Wild

Default Lithium Drop in

Has anyone had any experience with battery evo.com 36 or 48 volt drop in kits?
Peetmoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-30-2020, 08:55 PM   #2
hiway44
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Lithium Drop in

I just bought a twin pack and from bbattery. From what Im hearing is the setup is not the best for a golf cart. I am not going to install my packs until I get new copper busbars and figure out the changes to the bms and relay.
hiway44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 10:18 PM   #3
alangsam
Getting Wild

You have to change out the BMS. The BMS is comes with cannot handle the current that you will see when you start off.
alangsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 06:01 AM   #4
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The BMS is fine as long as You don't use it to directly control the discharge current, You need to re-wire it so it only controls a small relay that interrupts the Controller activation circuit.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 11:45 AM   #5
Peetmoss
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
The BMS is fine as long as You don't use it to directly control the discharge current, You need to re-wire it so it only controls a small relay that interrupts the Controller activation circuit.
Thanks Sergio if I remember correctly you posted how to do this right?
Peetmoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 01:02 PM   #6
hiway44
Not Yet Wild

I've been running both packs for over 9 months and have not had any problems. I took Sergio advise and others on this board and its worked out. When I get some free time and away from Covid I may combine the packs into one since I just recently purchased a new 60Amp BMS from Dales.

I connected both packs together and added a straight connection from the batteries to my Alltrax controller and life has been good. I am only using the bms connection for charging only.

The digital readout on the packs are off by .5 volts. Readout 56.5v - voltmeter is 57.0v.
hiway44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car