lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-12-2020, 09:27 AM   #1
gottafly51
Not Yet Wild

Default Hyundia HGG1 engine upgrade

Bought the Hyundia a couple of months ago. Didnt realize how much of a stepchild it really is. It is in amazing condition for a '91, everything is stock and it works. Just looking for more power. Anyone tried the Vegas Carts Yamaha G2-G9 engine upgrade in a Hyundia, as I have read that its a clone in some areas of the Yamahas?
gottafly51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-12-2020, 09:52 AM   #2
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Default Re: Hyundia HGG1 engine upgrade

Vegascarts actually lists it with a kit.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 05:01 PM   #3
gottafly51
Not Yet Wild

Hey raydhd

Not sure what you mean. I called vegascarts and they said the G2-G9 Yamaha engine upgrade wouldn't work. Not sure if the guy really knew though. He might have been just fobbing me off.
Old 06-12-2020, 05:22 PM   #4
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

If the guy from Vegas Carts says no, it means it won't work without modification. It's possible your cart shares some Yamaha parts, but it's unlikely that things are "exactly the same". They Hyundai is pretty uncommon, and there aren't a lot of aftermarket parts made for it. If you're into fabrication, you might be able to make some of the parts work, and it might save you time vs. making all new parts for the engine swap.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 08:47 AM   #5
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

In Vegascarts tech forum they are using the Yamaha G2-14 kit on the Hyundai . Geoff is probably the one to explain what is needed. I seem to remember the secondary clutch took a 1" belt. Somewhere I seen pics of at least 2 Hyundais converted.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 08:29 PM   #6
gottafly51
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the info. I'll get on the tech forum at Vegascarts and see what I can find. Gives me hope though that I can get an upgrade done. The Sizuki is dying on me.
Old 08-02-2020, 10:06 AM   #7
gottafly51
Not Yet Wild

Hi all

I am parting out the Suzuki V270 engine and accessories for an Predator engine upgrade. Coming off a 91 Hyundai HGG1. Engine starts and runs fine, so far no smoking, just seems to be losing power. Everything works on the cart. Also have front suspension arms after lifting cart with the Yamaha G2-G14 lift kit from All Sports. Tell me what you need.
Old 08-23-2020, 01:57 PM   #8
CrossThreaded
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Which engine did you go with would love some details and pictures!
CrossThreaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 09:53 PM   #9
gottafly51
Not Yet Wild

went with the Predator 420. Bought a predator metal engine mount plate online and am in test fitting stage. Considered going stock on the engine because it looked like it might fit and I didn't want to start messing with it before I broke it in. Welded up engine mount standoff to mount engine level and am trail fitting right now. Waiting for a additional charging coil that you can easily add to the 420 predator to double the charging amp to the battery. Will mount that and test fit engine. Pics and updates to follow.
Old 05-18-2021, 09:51 AM   #10
mcarthey
Not Yet Wild

Hi all! New to the forums here!
I joined because I'm also working on a Hyundai HGG-1 with the Suzuki V270G engine. I have low/no spark and am struggling to find a replacement CDI. Is it possible that someone here has one for sale, or can offer an appropriate alternative? I've seen mention of the Yamaha parts being similar but I'm not sure what model number I would need to look for. If there truly is a kit that people are using to convert/upgrade I'd be happy to consider that as well.
I'm no stranger to auto repair, but this is my first foray into cart repair so any help is much appreciated!
Thanks!
mcarthey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vegascarts, yamaha g2-g9
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!