lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-04-2020, 05:59 AM   #21
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Zeva BMS Not Working

The Zeva BMS has an internal power supply to provide +12v to the CAN bus, If there is a short on that connection perhaps the BMS will not power up.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-04-2020, 06:43 AM   #22
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Disconnect the wires that go to the monitor and see if that will power up the ZEVA. It's not a requirement that the monitor be attached to the ZEVA for it to power up.

I don't think this will change anything......but it is a simple matter to do and worth a shot.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 07:13 AM   #23
sockeye342
Not Yet Wild

So the BMS is still dead after trying everything suggested by everyone. Ian has given me permission which will not void the warranty to open it up and look for a bad connection.

It’s probably going to be a day or two before I can get around to it. I’ll take some photos. I may need some expert eyes to take a look.

If that doesn’t work, back to Australia for a replacement
sockeye342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 10:03 AM   #24
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Wow! Well, keep us posted. I know it's frustrating when you have a given expectation of a product and it simply doesn't work.
Old 06-06-2020, 11:42 PM   #25
sockeye342
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by sockeye342 View Post
So the BMS is still dead after trying everything suggested by everyone. Ian has given me permission which will not void the warranty to open it up and look for a bad connection.

It’s probably going to be a day or two before I can get around to it. I’ll take some photos. I may need some expert eyes to take a look.

If that doesn’t work, back to Australia for a replacement
I got around to opening it up sooner than I thought...anybody see anything in the photos? Sorry about the 2nd image, lots of reflection
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG-2817.jpg (200.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG-2818.jpg (111.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-07-2020, 06:13 AM   #26
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Circuit boards always amaze me as to what they do with all that tiny maze of wire.

Just looking at the back of the board (second pic) on the top between the second and third solder "bud" and the bottom between the 4th and 5th bud the solder seems "close". Is it possible to just take a small tool and scrape in between those buds to insure they are not causing a connection with each other?

Just thoughts from a guy who is a tax expert.....not a wiring expert!!
Old 06-07-2020, 11:10 PM   #27
Bobbob
Gone Wild

Club Car

I have a Zeva always wondered what was on the inside of the unit. Have not hooked it up yet to see if mine works. Today wired relays up following Sergio diagram he posted. Still have some more work to do yet. Am following your posts to see how you make out. Pic of my work today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Bobbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 07:53 AM   #28
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Sockeye342:

Maybe this suggestion/question is dumb, I don't know...

You are utilizing the main contactor for the drive system for your BMS as well, instead of a separate contactor/relay, correct?

I am assuming that you would need to have that circuit energized, for the BMS to power up. If that is the case, when you try to power up the BMS are you making sure that your run/tow switch is in run (assuming your GC has one) as well as your key turned on?

I'm assuming you have thought of this, but just thought I'd bring it up.

Last edited by BBBHC; 06-08-2020 at 11:52 AM.. Reason: clarifying who I'm responding to
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 09:01 PM   #29
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

I don't see anything obvious on the board that could be an issue, sorry about the setback.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 03:20 PM   #30
sockeye342
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBHC View Post
Sockeye342:

Maybe this suggestion/question is dumb, I don't know...

You are utilizing the main contactor for the drive system for your BMS as well, instead of a separate contactor/relay, correct?

I am assuming that you would need to have that circuit energized, for the BMS to power up. If that is the case, when you try to power up the BMS are you making sure that your run/tow switch is in run (assuming your GC has one) as well as your key turned on?

I'm assuming you have thought of this, but just thought I'd bring it up.
Thanks for the input...no run/tow mode on my cart...too old like me. I have tried with the key on/off...no luck.
Looks like it is back to see Ian in Australia.
The good news is Ian said he would reimburse me for the return postage :)

I will get in an update when it returns...probably 3-5 weeks is my guess.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium