lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-02-2020, 06:53 AM   #11
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Zeva BMS Not Working

I think a couple of pictures may help more, in the video it looks like the Zeva B+ jumper is coming from terminal #11 instead of #10.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-02-2020, 11:14 AM   #12
sockeye342
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
It could be a bad unit. Wouldn't be the first time something like that happen.

Just curious though....have you looked straight into the ZEVA connections to see if any pins (I can't recall if there are pins inside or what type of connection that green snap connection has) or any of the metal connections are missing or bent? They all should look the same. If you have one that's different....that may be the issue.

Just "thinking out loud."

I hope this helps.
I will take a look when I get the chance...thank you for the idea
sockeye342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 11:15 AM   #13
DaveTM
Gone Wild

I've taken a couple of screen shots of his video. The first is the battery pack itself, and the second is the ZEVA. Now.....just "doing the math" here....if he has a total of 11 contact points on the battery pack......5 wires to the center of each leaf and then 3 each on the pos & neg, that would total 11. So....if we have 11 contact points why is the ZEVA unit using 12 slots? If the ZEVA begins with "00" as mine does....should he not stop at slot 10?

DaveTM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 11:19 AM   #14
sockeye342
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmysstailights View Post
Take a small screw driver and insert it in the switch and lightly push. You will here a click. You cannot turn it on with a finger.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Tried it...No luck...still dead
Old 06-02-2020, 11:34 AM   #15
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

It was hard to focus on the video but it does appear the Zeva is not getting the proper power on B+.
Old 06-02-2020, 11:35 AM   #16
sockeye342
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
I've taken a couple of screen shots of his video. The first is the battery pack itself, and the second is the ZEVA. Now.....just "doing the math" here....if he has a total of 11 contact points on the battery pack......5 wires to the center of each leaf and then 3 each on the pos & neg, that would total 11. So....if we have 11 contact points why is the ZEVA unit using 12 slots? If the ZEVA begins with "00" as mine does....should he not stop at slot 10?

I had Ian help me with the connections on the pack. on the BMS16v3, B- and B+ on each end and then it is numbered 01-16. Here's that pic and a better shot of the BMS wiring attached
Attached Images
File Type: png BMS connections pink.png (344.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg bms wiring june 2.jpg (73.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-02-2020, 11:52 AM   #17
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Sorry, I forgot You only have 10 cells and I even pointed out on a previous thread the need to do some different wiring

You don't have anything grounding the Sleep terminal do you?
Old 06-02-2020, 12:28 PM   #18
sockeye342
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
Sorry, I forgot You only have 10 cells and I even pointed out on a previous thread the need to do some different wiring

You don't have anything grounding the Sleep terminal do you?
No, I was hoping to add that on later. If I get the BMS going, do you have any suggestions?
Old 06-02-2020, 02:00 PM   #19
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

If the voltage increases by 3.7v (your current cell voltage) as you move the probe on the BMS connector and You get full pack voltage between B- and B+, that should be all it takes to power the unit.

Temporarily disconnect Your CAN bus (at least the +12v terminal) in case a short in that wiring is preventing the BMS from powering up.
Old 06-03-2020, 09:30 PM   #20
sockeye342
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
If the voltage increases by 3.7v (your current cell voltage) as you move the probe on the BMS connector and You get full pack voltage between B- and B+, that should be all it takes to power the unit.

Temporarily disconnect Your CAN bus (at least the +12v terminal) in case a short in that wiring is preventing the BMS from powering up.
Sergio are you talking about disconnecting the DC converter or the 12v out on the BMS?

I do have a separate switch that powers the 12v accessories on and off...that doesn't seem to make a difference either way
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium