lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-10-2020, 08:28 AM   #11
jonr3
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Default Re: Took the RoyPow plunge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolagt View Post
How much bigger is the 160...did you see it in person or next to the 105?
No, I just finally decided to draw the 105Ah and 160Ah to scale.

Not only would the 160 not fit in half of the battery compartment - meaning I would have to cut out the plastic divider and reroute some of my wiring - it's also nearly 50 lbs. heavier.

But, if I could have found a 160 version in stock, I probably would have gone with it. I just got tired of waiting and couldn't get a definitive answer on when the 160s would be available.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg scale.jpg (144.5 KB, 0 views)
jonr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-10-2020, 10:12 AM   #12
fstop
Gone Wild

It's worth noting that the 160ah uses 32 75ah cells (or 80ah?) in a 16s2p arrangement (link below I think are the cells they are using in this pack - EVE energy doesn't list a 80ah cell) -vs- 16 105ah cells in a 16s1p arrangement.

Twice as many cells, connections, BMS sub circuits etc.. could (could - not should) increase failure points. At the same time, if you double the listed 30 second permissible current draw of the 75ah cells (since there are 2 in parallel for each 3.2v) - which I think would be accurate? - it is greater than that of a single 105ah cell. Someone else (Sergio?) can chime in here on this...

Link is mostly Chinese for the 75ah cell, but the bottom chart in the PDF is the same data I posted earlier for the 105ah cell.

http://www.dcmax.com.tw/LF75(3.2V75Ah).pdf
fstop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 01:07 PM   #13
ryanfoster34
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Congrats! I've gone back and forth between this pack and some custom packs from AliExpress. You answered one of my biggest questions - is it as simple as connecting positive and negative and being done!?

I have factory everything so far, but think the next thing is to grab the alltrax that everyone seems to love - so at least i know what I haven't messed up yet from factory! ha

edit:
Wait, what about your charger? Are you using the stock delta FLA charger with this? The pack I'm looking at will come with it's own charger, but that means I'd need to swap charger receptacles and all this mess... and wonder what sort of safety measures are tied to the OEM charger receptacle, like disabling the key start.
ryanfoster34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 03:15 PM   #14
jonr3
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanfoster34 View Post
Wait, what about your charger? Are you using the stock delta FLA charger with this? The pack I'm looking at will come with it's own charger, but that means I'd need to swap charger receptacles and all this mess... and wonder what sort of safety measures are tied to the OEM charger receptacle, like disabling the key start.
The RoyPow pack comes with its own dedicated charger and cart-specific adapter that can plug in to your cart's stock receptacle.

One dealer I spoke with usually makes the charger an onboard charger and changes the receptacle to take a regular extension cord. I thought about doing that but I don't want to subject my charger to all of the bumps, vibrations, heat, etc.
Old 03-10-2020, 09:14 PM   #15
davidgolfer
Gone Wild

Have you had a chance to test how far it will go on a charge?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
davidgolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 08:01 AM   #16
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidgolfer View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would also like to know how far you get on a charge.... compared to previous FLA batteries. I know that isn't apples to apples when you have to consider that FLA batteries where probably older and this a new pack, but I'm still curious.
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 09:53 AM   #17
jonr3
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidgolfer View Post
I probably won't get to test range until we go to the beach in June. Carts aren't legal on the streets in my town, so I am restricted to a small housing development. I only drive it twice a day for about a mile each time.

That being said, I charged it on Sunday, and have driven it 6 times - that's 6 miles on hilly terrain at wide open throttle. On their SOC meter, there are 10 lights showing a full charge and there are still 7 of them lit, and my volt gauge reads 53.1 volts...
Old 03-11-2020, 10:05 AM   #18
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

You got enough room to put a second one in there and use a high amp switch to go back and forth.

Guessing it wasn't cheap, but for a drop in solution that looks like one of the best setups I've seen.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 11:11 AM   #19
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

I read where these Rowpow packs are rated for 3500 cycles.....isn't FLA batteries rated for about 500 cycles? Is that possible that these will last 7 times as long? Or am I missing something? My batteries are little more 4 years old and I am seeing some degradation and think I will probably have to replace next year or so. So does that mean that if I buy this pack, that it will last me 7 times as long as FLA's? Instead of 4 years (or so), I'll get 28 years? Hard for me to believe --- or my math isn't right (which is probably the case) :(
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 11:52 AM   #20
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

# cycles is only one rating. I would count on 10 years of service if you take care of them. FLA batteries usually start to fail at 5 years - if you take care of them. Some get more some less.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car