lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-06-2020, 03:32 PM   #61
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Re: Ride quality after going Lithium and dropping 300 Lbs. in cart weight

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyCousinVinnie View Post
Well....you like to make things a challenge!!

If you don't want to buy replacement springs, then I would pull those two leaf springs apart (It's fairly simple...not hard....just takes time) and the second spring I would cut off about 1\8th of the length from each end. That will reduce that springs size by about 1/4.

Then you gotta put it all back together and give it a test run. If it's still to stiff for you......remove 'em and cut another chunk off.

Tedious work.....but that may be all you can do short of replacing the springs.

You could purchase a new set of 4-leaf springs and before you install 'em, just remove two leaf's from each side.

FWIW
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-06-2020, 04:53 PM   #62
MyCousinVinnie
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Ride quality after going Lithium and dropping 300 Lbs. in cart weight

I may either try to find the original springs or buy cart parts medium duty single spring. Probably easier than cutting all that other stuff. There's a local guy who does custom carts not too far from me, and may just ask him.
MyCousinVinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 08:39 PM   #63
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Now I can't wait till I remove the extra front spring in the Allsport 4" A lift.
After riding around a few days with the rear spring modified I've decided that I don't need the front spring modified afterall.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 03:10 PM   #64
MyCousinVinnie
Gone Wild
Club Car

Mine's in the shop for a couple of other items I didn't feel like doing, so I am removing one of the rear leaf springs. My cart lost 350+ lbs with the lithium because i had 8 6-volt batteries. I'm thinking that double HD spring is the culprit.
Old 08-13-2020, 06:52 AM   #65
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Mine's in the shop for a couple of other items I didn't feel like doing, so I am removing one of the rear leaf springs. My cart lost 350+ lbs with the lithium because i had 8 6-volt batteries. I'm thinking that double HD spring is the culprit.
Interested to hear your results.
Old 08-31-2020, 11:47 AM   #66
MyCousinVinnie
Gone Wild
Club Car

Well, it's back, and there isn't a ton of improvement that I can tell. I'm wondering if it's the two leaf a-arm or the shocks on the front. anyone have any idea how to tell? I'm going to try lowering the tire pressure down to about 10 to see if that helps.
Old 09-08-2020, 09:45 AM   #67
PearlPack
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Well, it's back, and there isn't a ton of improvement that I can tell. I'm wondering if it's the two leaf a-arm or the shocks on the front. anyone have any idea how to tell? I'm going to try lowering the tire pressure down to about 10 to see if that helps.
I have the single leaf in the back of mine and it is rigid. I guess we are going to have to deal with it until a softer single spring becomes available.
PearlPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 05:59 PM   #68
PearlPack
Getting Wild
Club Car

Finally got back around to this today. I totally removed all 4 shocks and WOW. Much better!!

So now I have just the single spring in both rears and in the front. Big time improvement!

My spine thanked me.
Old 10-02-2020, 04:52 AM   #69
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlPack View Post
Finally got back around to this today. I totally removed all 4 shocks and WOW. Much better!!

So now I have just the single spring in both rears and in the front. Big time improvement!

My spine thanked me.
If that helps your cart ride better under the conditions you drive it.....then Kudo's to you....and your kidneys!!!
Old 10-02-2020, 09:07 AM   #70
PearlPack
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
If that helps your cart ride better under the conditions you drive it.....then Kudo's to you....and your kidneys!!!
I can't believe the difference it made. I wish I had done it back in the spring when I installed the Allied Lithium batteries.

I hope others with the same issue will try this and get the same result. Good luck!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car