lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-20-2009, 08:51 AM   #31
IMNFL
FLIPPER

Club Car

Default Re: Anyone get their cart Florida Street Legal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extractor View Post
Ok, who wants to try it first? I know it's going to be a pain in the... but I want to do it also. Anyone know where I can get an AS5 windshield for my 1998 CC? I found a place that sold it all as a kit for $500 but I just need the windshield... then I can be the guinea pig and run it through from point A to B...to C... to D...ad nauseum (too late to spell).
Cart Parts Plus will sell you the windshield. Make sure they put a NOTATION on the invoice that it is a DOT AS5 rating. Bought mine last year from CPP for $109.95 plus S&H.
Price and Shipping could have went up a little.

Tell'em you want the unbreakable Lexan one like OBill and Jill got on their carts.

Windshield wipers are not neccessary! Don't believe me? Just look at the Sprits that come from China! They are street legal out of the box and they don't have one. I asked the lady at the inspection station in my district about a wiper and she said she ain't inspected for a wiper yet. She didn't even know what a AS5 rating is!

If you insist on a Wiper I'd suggest a manual one. I've had both. It is easier to install, it is much lighter than the electric. It comes with the blade! Great on a folding windshied. (No wires to contend with)
If you want the electric one you have to order the motor, the arm and the blade.

If I was in the Golf Cart business I'd stock and sell this one!
This Manual Wiper is perfectly street legal and it is used on the older Jeeps and on the modern Kit Cars. Available at many part stores, JC Whitney and other places on line.
I would like to have a link to that place that sells a kit for $500.00!!! Please, I want to see that one.
MY 2 cents.
IMNFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-20-2009, 10:48 AM   #32
Extractor
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMNFL View Post
I would like to have a link to that place that sells a kit for $500.00!!! Please, I want to see that one.
MY 2 cents.

http://www.tonyscustomgolfcarts.com/ was where they wanted $499 plus shipping for the windshield, reflective triangle, some tape, and wiper with motor. I don't need a motorized one. I'll even try to get it approved without one since I don't want any wiper. I figure it requires drilling a hole in the windshield or mounting a bar across the top to hang it from...

Thanks for the info on the windshield. I'm calling them up today!
Extractor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 10:56 AM   #33
IMNFL
FLIPPER

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extractor View Post
http://www.tonyscustomgolfcarts.com/ was where they wanted $499 plus shipping for the windshield, reflective triangle, some tape, and wiper with motor. I don't need a motorized one. I'll even try to get it approved without one since I don't want any wiper. I figure it requires drilling a hole in the windshield or mounting a bar across the top to hang it from...

Thanks for the info on the windshield. I'm calling them up today!
Hey Thanks,
Yep, have to drill one hole and 4 holes for the electric one. No bar needed.
ob
Old 04-20-2009, 11:05 AM   #34
IMNFL
FLIPPER

Club Car

This guy has put some thought into Carts and Accessories!

He schould (German spelling) consider being a sponsor!

I'm sorry, I schould have asked you to PM me the link if they wasn't a BGW sponsor.

ob
Old 04-20-2009, 03:21 PM   #35
km0000
Not Yet Wild

Hey Guys,

I'm new here and to the golf cart world. Bought a 1998 Club Car DS and stripped it down to the frame. I have started to build it back up and had a couple of questions before deciding on whether to make this street legal. Does your bill of sale have to be notorized? The guy i bought this from just gave me slip and we both signed. Also, any recommendations as to an electric series motor that will go at least 20 mph?

Thanks
km0000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 04:01 PM   #36
Extractor
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by km0000 View Post
Hey Guys,

I'm new here and to the golf cart world. Bought a 1998 Club Car DS and stripped it down to the frame. I have started to build it back up and had a couple of questions before deciding on whether to make this street legal. Does your bill of sale have to be notorized? The guy i bought this from just gave me slip and we both signed. Also, any recommendations as to an electric series motor that will go at least 20 mph?

Thanks

I hope it doesn't have to be notarized... I think I may have to fabricate er, dig up my original bill of sale.

Get some aluminum polish and shine up your frame... wish I had done that when it was so easy to access.

there's lots of options to get 20mph...(should start a new thread for that one) I'm doing the D395 with 6:1 gears. But then again I'm shooting for 30mph...
Old 04-20-2009, 04:01 PM   #37
Extractor
Gone Wild

Club Car

oops, one more thing... Welcome km0000!!!
Old 04-20-2009, 04:49 PM   #38
IMNFL
FLIPPER

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by km0000 View Post
Hey Guys,

Thanks
Nope don't have to be notorized.
Tom at CPP told me, "I'd have to throw my electric cart over a cliff to get it up to that speed!" (He was joking. I think?)
ob

Old 04-22-2009, 06:38 PM   #39
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat boat racer View Post
Palm beach golf carts 300.00 AS5 with dot approved paperwork. Albert @ 561-863-2177

Radical Golf Carts has a Manual wiper arm for $58, http://www.radicalgolfcarts.com/Item...iper__&ID=1278

and Palm Beach Golf carts has an AS5 Street Legal Full Windshield for $162. I stopped there today and spoke to Josue who is also working out some prices on other items I'll need. Hopefully I'll be getting my cart Street Legal Ready very soon!

How is anyone else doing a street legal... doing so far?
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 06:50 PM   #40
km0000
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the welcome guys. And thanks for the great ideas.
km0000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car