lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-26-2007, 12:00 PM   #1
ezgotxtman
Not Yet Wild

Default Changing Rear Springs To Lift Cart

I have a 2005 EZGO TXT gas car. I've notice the rear leaf springs are under the axle on my cart...not above.. From looking at this setup (where the leaf spring are located), it looks to me I can raise the cart about 4" just by removing the spring to set on "top" of the axle... like this photo I have found on another web site of someones cart with the leaf springs above the axle.

Has anyone done this procedure?

To me, it seems..jack up the cart (under the frame and engine mount) and remove the tires/wheels, and remove ISO Mount Caps & Bushings, ISO Mount base plate, and remove nut on lower part of shock absorber, and the springs from their shackles and just install the same parts so they will be the just as the photo shows here.

Last edited by ezgotxtman; 06-26-2007 at 12:04 PM..
ezgotxtman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-26-2007, 12:12 PM   #2
mphillip
Site Moderator

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Changing Rear Springs To Lift Cart

Never done it myself but just from the sounds of things you woud have to come up with a different drive belt by doing it though...
mphillip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 12:43 PM   #3
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Sounds like it would work to me. Like Mike said, you will need a different belt.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 01:43 PM   #4
ezgotxtman
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the input.. If it's requires a longer belt, it wouldn't be too much. Keep in mind, I'm going up about 4", not back. The angle of increase height will be minimal, if no more than a inch at best... I think!!!
ezgotxtman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 04:41 PM   #5
UBERCART
Gone Wild

You wouldnt need a new belt. It all pivots. Should be fine.
UBERCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 05:09 PM   #6
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by UBERCART View Post
You wouldnt need a new belt. It all pivots. Should be fine.
UBER is right!!!! Sorry for bad info No new belt required. Thanks UBER.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 10:58 AM   #7
EZ-GOnewild
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Cool Re: Changing Rear Springs To Lift Cart

So ezgotxtman did you ever lift her up?
EZ-GOnewild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 02:40 PM   #8
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

That's how rear lifts are done, but blocks come in the kits, see the part on top the iso mount (under the spring) in your pic? You will need something like that or another set of shock mount plates and blocks, also how are you going to lift the front?

couple other ways to lift the back..
http://www.frontiernet.net/~irishhills/rearlift.JPG
http://www.frontiernet.net/~irishhills/rearlift2.JPG

You will also have to trim the rubber in the iso mount to clear the pin on the axle, when you flip them.
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 03:44 PM   #9
zarak
Not Yet Wild

If I were you, I would just go ahead and buy a spindle lift kit. It's not too expensive (around 300 for back AND front). The cart on my Avatar is using a spindle lift kit... I also found that the installation of the back lift was much harder than the installation of the front spindle kit. You can also use the method proposed by StoveBolt, but then, what are you going to do with the front??

BTW, you DON'T need to change the drive belt to lift the cart. The transmission pivots, so this becomes unnecessary...
zarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 10:47 PM   #10
Maddirtbkr
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

If you look at the st350, a factory lifted cart. the Rear axle has spring plates welded to it. Looking at this I 86'd my rubber mounts and Found spring seats simmilar to a traler axle. and Just got some 1/2 in U bolts. I Could of welded it but I figure there is plenty of clamping force. Oh Yeah You have to Cut off the centering pins, but if you run a kit that turns over the rubber mount the Pin may break off anyway.
Maddirtbkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO