lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-11-2022, 06:37 PM   #2561
Jmuoio81213
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: What did you do to/for your club car today?

My incand headlight has always been too dim (Though I do appreciate the warmness of the light tone), but now that the drivetrain is upgraded it's insufferable/unsafe. New LED light and bumper on the way tomorrow, and we'll see how we land.
Jmuoio81213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-12-2022, 01:52 PM   #2562
RNajarian
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default LED Headlight Upgrade

I changed my headlights from incandescent to LED. The difference is quite noticeable.

The lights even when off give the cart a more modern appearance.
RNajarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2022, 02:32 PM   #2563
SouthCo
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: LED Headlight Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNajarian View Post
I changed my headlights from incandescent to LED. The difference is quite noticeable.

The lights even when off give the cart a more modern appearance.

Huge improvement, looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2022, 10:45 AM   #2564
Jmuoio81213
Getting Wild
Club Car

Hopefully better. I didn't bother piggytailing the blinkers into the main...just lazy.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Old 11-13-2022, 07:47 PM   #2565
Jmuoio81213
Getting Wild
Club Car

Way, way better. Points about 100 further than the others did. I'll need to adjust the angle to center a smidge, but it's too darn cold out to bother today.
Old 11-29-2022, 12:58 PM   #2566
theskulls
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Not today, but in the last couple of months put in LED headlights, an alltrax speed controller & had the 2010 motor swapped out with a 2020. It could use a paint job & new upholstery on the seats but debating if its worth it just to sell or trade it or just to try & do it as is.
theskulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 06:32 AM   #2567
hardhouseinc
Getting Wild

A few small things for my older refurb club car

A simple vinyl cart cover to keep out the water and dust when parked and if its raining when I need to take a little trip.

Also installed 12v lithium batteries with a power cut off and a balancing module which all work great. I can get away with these batteries since the cart has a very low speed setting and small controller / motor. I can go up hills and Im fine only pulling a peak of maybe 125amp which is OK on these. I think peak discharge of 150 amp for 30 seconds is the max and have never tripped anything.

I can see if you have a big motor and controller with a high speed setting youd need a very specialized lithium setup here.

Curious what is everyone using as Ive yet to find a 48v battery that will run a high end cart at high speeds without tripping them.
Small 48v batteries in parallel seem the best maybe.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo_2022-12-05_21-24-09.jpg (148.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg photo_2022-12-01_19-38-17.jpg (258.4 KB, 0 views)
hardhouseinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 08:12 AM   #2568
jasonojordan
Gone Wild

Club Car

Check out several of the lithium threads on here. Lot of options for people with lifted carts, aftermarket motors, and high amp controllers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardhouseinc View Post
A few small things for my older refurb club car

A simple vinyl cart cover to keep out the water and dust when parked and if its raining when I need to take a little trip.

Also installed 12v lithium batteries with a power cut off and a balancing module which all work great. I can get away with these batteries since the cart has a very low speed setting and small controller / motor. I can go up hills and Im fine only pulling a peak of maybe 125amp which is OK on these. I think peak discharge of 150 amp for 30 seconds is the max and have never tripped anything.

I can see if you have a big motor and controller with a high speed setting youd need a very specialized lithium setup here.

Curious what is everyone using as Ive yet to find a 48v battery that will run a high end cart at high speeds without tripping them.
Small 48v batteries in parallel seem the best maybe.
jasonojordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 08:33 AM   #2569
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

That single "battery equalizer" has me intrigued (and concerned); it is my understanding that each battery needs its own "balancer" (BMS). Commenting to remember to follow up on this.

jasonojordan is correct on the lithium threads also; tons of great info there!
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 05:48 AM   #2570
hardhouseinc
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonojordan View Post
Check out several of the lithium threads on here. Lot of options for people with lifted carts, aftermarket motors, and high amp controllers.
Yah Id love easy access to build my own 48v batteries
but Im in Guam and we cant get anything reasonable
at this point its better to run flooded batteries

No plans to do anything to this cart. The BMS will support burts of 150amp and the cart rarely ever pulls over 100amp where I drive it occasionally. They work fine for now. never once tripped a battery bms
hardhouseinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car