lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-11-2013, 08:44 AM   #1
treaganstrail
Not Yet Wild

Default front shock install

i have a 1999 ezgo txt freedom series. When changing front shocks do i have to remove light bar to get to top of shocks? wasnt crazy about taking front cover off unless i need to. Any suggestions? Thanks. 1st post here by the way. Been watching a few days though and seems like a well educated group here.
treaganstrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-11-2013, 08:58 AM   #2
Springlake
I Believe !!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: front shock install

Treag

On my 95 rebuild I had to remove all the way down to the cowl and then use a sawzall (FUN), I like those power tools YA!

Maybe the pros will follow in and know a short cut..........But truly its not such a big deal and if you do. you will know what you have under there then, problems etc...maybe even run some wires and add toggle switches.

Good luck , tell us how far you are going with your build?

Remember PIC's
Springlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 10:09 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You can reach these nuts without removing anything if you really want to. I say really want to because it isn't easy and it may hurt a little. But so does having to remove half the cart to get to 2 small nuts!

There is a plastic splash guard under the front cowl. It is fastened to the cowl in the center. Pry it down until you can get your fingers between it and the body. No need to be ginger - it won't break. Force your other hand with a 9/16 wrench into this space and find the shock towers, put the box end of the wrench on the tower and spin the shock with your other hand to remove the nut. Put the new shocks on the same way.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 11:57 AM   #4
DaveTM
Gone Wild

I have probably the easiest method of all….but I'm sure it's a proprietary one. I have a Brother-In-Law (B-I-L) who is a Master Mack Truck Mechanic. So, I call him when I need stuff like this done…..and he usually does in 15 or 20 minutes what it would take me months to do. Honestly….but then, I have MS. He doesn't. I'm not fishing for sympathies, but honestly….this guy is 61 years old and still has a 6-pack stomach.

Actually, I have a 6-pack stomach too….but mine is more of the "looks like he drank a 6 pack a day, every day for the last ten years kind."

Truth is what it is.

Dave
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 04:14 PM   #5
treaganstrail
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the input guys very helpful.Saw the video on youtube about shock install without removing cowl. but thats where light bar is located. Trying to get around that. Someone told me they heard you could remove key switch panel on dash to access. Anyone heard this,if so, how's my chances there?
Old 12-11-2013, 06:04 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

How skinny is your arm? The key switch plate hole is about 1/2 inch smaller than the plate.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 06:45 PM   #7
treaganstrail
Not Yet Wild

Haha! Not that small. Looks like i am in for the long method. Thanks.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO