lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-30-2022, 04:17 PM   #11
JCBAS
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Will stock 48V run on 36V?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Doubt it.. Voltage is too low. You could add 2 more batteries to get it up to 48..
I thought about that, but there isn't any room under the seat for two more batteries.
JCBAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-30-2022, 04:37 PM   #12
jasonojordan
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCBAS View Post
So I have such a bad heart because I am asking AHEAD OF TIME to make sure that the swap will work.

The "shady" thing to do would be do make the swap and sell the cart without making sure the cart would run properly.

Maybe you and CP need a hug.

I mean the fact you had the thought of it is sketchy. Think what you want that's just my opinion. Obviously you have given your opinion. Beauty of the internet is you get to choose who's opinions you listen to and who's you don't.

You made the thread asking for thoughts and thoughts were given. The way you framed it out while asking the question made it seem like you already knew the answer to the question and were just looking for people to give you "permission" to do that.
jasonojordan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 04:47 PM   #13
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Will it run? Probably. But if it does it will be very, very slow.

Will it run properly? No
Will it charge properly? No
Will everything work the way it’s supposed to? No

Does the way you framed the question to drop 36v batteries into a 48v cart so you can sell it and make some money to upgrade your cart you plan to keep? Absolutely.

Sorry, I have a conscience.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 04:53 PM   #14
JCBAS
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Will it run? Probably. But if it does it will be very, very slow.

Will it run properly? No
Will it charge properly? No
Will everything work the way it’s supposed to? No

Does the way you framed the question to drop 36v batteries into a 48v cart so you can sell it and make some money to upgrade your cart you plan to keep? Absolutely.

Sorry, I have a conscience.

Go back and re-read my original post. This was my exact question:

"If I put 6V batteries from my 36V cart into the 48V cart, will it still run fine considering the fixer upper cart is a stock 48V system?"

I never asked if it would run just enough to trick someone into buying it.
It would charge fine with the 36V charger that would have been sold with it.

If you think that buying a piece of broken down equipment and fixing it to re-sell and make a profit is "shady", then I hope you don't ever buy anything "used" in your life.

Face it, your conscience made all kinds of assumptions that I never said or insinuated.

It must suck going through life with your conscience assuming that everyone is out to rip off others.

I got the answer I needed from others. Thank you to those who answered my question without making assumptions that I am a shady and cold hearted person
JCBAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 05:23 PM   #15
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Agreed. The original question was one looking for information and the assumption of guilt was not needed. 2 people tried to give you a suggestion on how else to make your 36v cart 48v and they were also belittled.

This is an open discussion forum. If you want to answer all the questions after upgrading 1 golf cart stick to the facts not your opinions
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 05:50 PM   #16
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

IMO if you have a 36v cart, sell that one and use the money to upgrade a 48v cart.
36v will make it move, but not very far. The voltage is just too low.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 06:34 PM   #17
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCBAS View Post
I thought about that, but there isn't any room under the seat for two more batteries.
Two more will fit in the bagwell nicely. That cart will scoot along so nice you will want to keep it and get rid of the others.

I wasn't going to enter this thread, but I kinda agreed with everyone, so why not!
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 06:52 PM   #18
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom47 View Post
Two more will fit in the bagwell nicely. That cart will scoot along so nice you will want to keep it and get rid of the others.

I wasn't going to enter this thread, but I kinda agreed with everyone, so why not!
Me either, but I have been quiet about a lot of things lately. And I would drop 2 in the bagwell too. Hopefully 2 the same age, brand, and health.

Maybe he really did not know about the 36/48 volt thing. I'll give him a pass on this one.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 07:00 PM   #19
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Apologies if I jumped the gun and misread what you intended, though I don’t believe I am the only way that read it that way.

I still wouldn’t recommend putting 36v in a 48v cart. You’d probably have to change the solenoid to 36v to prevent it from dropping out, bypass the OBC to make the 36v charger work, and you’d end up with an ungodly slow cart. And then even if disclosed, whoever bought it would have to put everything back the way it was, and buy the right batteries to bring it back to the way it should function.

If you’re looking for a project cart to use a 36v pack you have sitting around, I’d just stick with a 36v cart with no or bad batteries.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 09:02 PM   #20
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

CP still probably does need a hug though [emoji23]
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car