lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-01-2022, 06:05 PM   #31
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Re: 48v Lithium 100ah battery

Good information NFE!!
DaveTM is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-23-2024, 05:43 AM   #32
Thomas965
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolassus View Post
Hello. I am looking to upgrade my golf cart with a 48v 100ah lithium battery. My golf cart specs are below in my signature. Is it a simple matter of taking the old batteries out and installing the new battery? I read that my on board Lester II charger should be able to charge a lithium battery. Is this correct? Also, will converting to lithium affect my Alltrax 500 controller or 10 HP Admiral mot-A1?

Last but not least. If all of the above works, what kind of performance should I expect? Similar to standard batteries?
Yes, a 100ah Lifepo4 battery will work fine. Here's how to get the CORRECT BATTERY: before plunking down the big bucks, invest $24 in a Hall effect amp sensor on Amazon which will show the current draw of your cart. Then buy a battery that can handle that current draw. Lifepo4 batteries vary a lot in how much current they will allow before the BMS shuts them down. Carts draw a lot of current during the initial acceleration; then after a few seconds far less. Your cart will be faster, waaaay lighter, and run longer between charges.
Thomas965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2024, 07:54 AM   #33
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas965 View Post
Yes, a 100ah Lifepo4 battery will work fine. Here's how to get the CORRECT BATTERY: before plunking down the big bucks, invest $24 in a Hall effect amp sensor on Amazon which will show the current draw of your cart. Then buy a battery that can handle that current draw. Lifepo4 batteries vary a lot in how much current they will allow before the BMS shuts them down. Carts draw a lot of current during the initial acceleration; then after a few seconds far less. Your cart will be faster, waaaay lighter, and run longer between charges.
This is a very old thread but still this is good advice and I also suggested this a couple times but even the hall sensor amp meter to monitor a persons actual individual needs first is more technical than many want to get. Different carts vary as much as the applications and type of driving they see. and it seems its easier for folks to error on the side of caution and offer one size fits all advice for batteries regardless of the large cost differences which are more of a factor for some than others.

I'm about to install a motor in my cart this spring that will no doubt increase my amp loads and battery usage along with performance.
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lithium battery
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car