lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-09-2022, 06:39 PM   #1
Kgrimsland
Not Yet Wild

Default Pedal Start Question

I currently have a 1997 8 seater limo cart with the FE350 motor. Cart runs great. However when you turn the key, it takes about 5 seconds for the cart to fire up. Once it's warmed up, starts up right away. Right now it only starts with the key. It constantly will idle in any gear, forward/neutral/reverse. I'm trying to find out if this is normal. It also does exactly the same thing when in service mode.
Should my cart start through the pedal or is this normal? I just bought this and trying to learn everything about it.
Kgrimsland is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-10-2022, 09:17 AM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: Pedal Start Question

Most of the bigger carts are key start and will start and stay running as long as the key is on.

Carb probably needs to be cleaned and it could probably use filters and a spark plug, but some extended cranking is pretty normal on a first start for one of these.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 03:37 PM   #3
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Valve adjustment wouldn’t hurt as well. Only takes a few minutes and can make a huge improvement on a cold start. I’d be willing to bet it would be the first time it’s been done in a decade or more
CP241 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 11:17 PM   #4
Kgrimsland
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Valve adjustment wouldn’t hurt as well. Only takes a few minutes and can make a huge improvement on a cold start. I’d be willing to bet it would be the first time it’s been done in a decade or more
Do you have a link to a video that can walk me through this?
Kgrimsland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2022, 12:32 AM   #5
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Video, no. But check the sticky section above.

I might be able to make one since I still have my gas cart but with holidays and family coming and my wife’s “get ready” list it might be after thanksgiving… but I DO need to put the new belts on it…
Old 11-11-2022, 11:25 AM   #6
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Look on the top of the engine and see if there's a sticker that says "ACR" or "W/O ACR". Automatic Compression Release.
If it has ACR it will have hydraulic lash adjusters and will have no adjustment.
You can also tell if it has ACR if you hear the motor clicking when it first starts turning over before it starts running.
Or if you remove the rocker cover and don't see any screw adjusters on the rocker arms it will be an ACR engine.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2022, 12:54 PM   #7
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Good catch forgot it was a 350. I have had fe350’s that were manually adjustable valves. But most use HLA’s. Worth double checking anyway
Old 11-12-2022, 01:45 AM   #8
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

I push the choke button in briefly while cranking if it doesn't start right away!
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car