lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-05-2022, 09:09 PM   #1
tightline57
Not Yet Wild

Red face 2009 precedent wiring problems

Just wondering if anyone has had to replace the diode in the wiring harness on a 2009club car? I haven't figured out why the 12v pos. Connects to the orange wire going to the throttle sensor,& the neg. Post on the solenoid? I see it on the wiring dig. Just not smart enough to understand, any info would be great!
tightline57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-06-2022, 09:43 AM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: 2009 precedent wiring problems

Yes, those diodes are known to fail. It’s a suppression diode for the solenoid coil, and the old diode should be cut out and removed. A new diode should be put directly on the solenoid small posts.
It’s been covered here before but it was quite a while ago and I can’t find a thread with exact details. If you try searching around enough you may find it.
Also try calling David at Revolution Golf Cars, I think he should know the correct diode to replace that with.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2022, 03:57 PM   #3
tightline57
Not Yet Wild

Yes, I was trying to figure out what size it took, haven't found any at the web sites where I've ordered parts, thanks for the reply& info. I'll give him a call.
Old 11-10-2022, 07:56 PM   #4
tightline57
Not Yet Wild

well, ,, I'm still scratching my head on the 2009 club car gas wiring. has anyone had an issue with getting a 12v pos on the orange coming to the soleniod . I have installed new soleniod , new throttle position switch. I have 12v pos on blue wire whenever i turn on switch, but also have 12v pos on orange wire too? I have two carts same year ,2009im haveing the same problem on both carts.
Old 11-12-2022, 11:41 AM   #5
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Orange is the ground side for the solenoid. This has to go through the Pedal switch as well as the FnR limit switch to get to ground. So when power is applied to the solenoid (key On) you will measure 12v on both wires. With the FnR in F or R and the Pedal pressed is the only time the 12v will drop off of the orange wire.

So I assumed before that you were blowing the fuse, which would be because of a shorted diode. But I guess I should ask what is actually happening? Does the cart just not start? Or does the fuse blow out when you press the pedal?
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car