lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-05-2022, 07:54 PM   #1
mtollin
Gone Wild

Default Advanced EV/Icon onboard charger removal

I remember someone posing how they removed the on board charger which required either a jumper wire or specifics reprogramming. I have tried several searches but can't seem to locate the thread. If someone could provide the information or link it would be appreciated.

Looking at changing to Lithium, so charger needs to go. Also, any input on what other changes might be need such as the built in 48v to 12v converter or possibility of deleting built in battery status on dash would be helpful, thanks.
mtollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-06-2022, 02:24 PM   #2
GunghoGolf
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Advanced EV/Icon onboard charger removal

You shouldn’t need to remove the old charger.

I just put the 4X BigBattery EAGL 120Ah kit in my 2022 Icon i40L, and it takes only an hour or so. All plug and play, no reprogramming required. Thrilled with performance now.

Here’s my video of installation and first test drive:

BigBattery 4X EAGL 48V 120Ah Lithium Kit in 2022 Icon i40L golf cart - Installation and Hill Test
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVXE8AFCdzk
GunghoGolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2022, 02:31 PM   #3
derelicte
Gone Wild

Default Re: Advanced EV/Icon onboard charger removal

Depends on the kit. If it comes with a replacement charger there is no reason to keep the old one in there.

As for the interlock, you might just be able to leave it unplugged. The 12 v converter is fine but the battery gauge on the dash will always show 100%. I haven't found a way to shut it off.
derelicte is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon