lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-29-2022, 02:48 PM   #31
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: The maybe rebuild…

It runs, it's slow, but it runs. It's a series cart though so that was expected. It actually goes pretty well for what it is.

A lot of the wait time was waiting for decisions to be made and then wait for parts to be delivered. Then needed time to put everything together.
It took almost two weeks just to get the seals for the front hubs because I didn't want to go out of my way to go pick those up for $8 worth of parts. So a lot of time has been spent re-conditioning surface parts, cleaning up some other spots, and doing some painting on minor parts.

I got the front seat covers yesterday and got the front seat bottom put together. Had to cut a new board for that, all new bolts and T-nuts, and a new arm rest. Still need the rear seat kit so I can mount the seat back.

Honestly if it wasn't for the time waiting on parts I could have had this all done about three weeks ago. It's been at my shop since the 1st week of October, but most of the time it's just been chilling in the side bay.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-30-2022, 06:52 AM   #32
hardhouseinc
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
It runs, it's slow, but it runs. It's a series cart though so that was expected. It actually goes pretty well for what it is.

A lot of the wait time was waiting for decisions to be made and then wait for parts to be delivered. Then needed time to put everything together.
It took almost two weeks just to get the seals for the front hubs because I didn't want to go out of my way to go pick those up for $8 worth of parts. So a lot of time has been spent re-conditioning surface parts, cleaning up some other spots, and doing some painting on minor parts.

I got the front seat covers yesterday and got the front seat bottom put together. Had to cut a new board for that, all new bolts and T-nuts, and a new arm rest. Still need the rear seat kit so I can mount the seat back.

Honestly if it wasn't for the time waiting on parts I could have had this all done about three weeks ago. It's been at my shop since the 1st week of October, but most of the time it's just been chilling in the side bay.
I had lots of the same
its worse here every small package is a 2 week USPS wait
So Id have to wait weeks for parts, then find I need more LOL
So between waiting Id be grinding or welding and prepping parts and having them painted and ready to go when it got to assembly
MANY weeks of waiting on parts like bulbs or specialty stuff you cant get locally
hardhouseinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 11:03 PM   #33
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Everything is done now except for the grab bar for the rear step didn’t show up yet. And I have a hitch reciever to make that needs to go on it. I need the grab bar to show up first so I can make sure the mount for the reciever doesn’t interfere with how the bar attaches.

And I assume it will get a windshield at some point, but we didn’t really talk about that. For now it’s rolling and I can do a short break-in on the pack. It’s a pretty stiff ride, those new springs have got some breaking in to do as well. I may have to modify the front to soften that up some.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg ACF0C7F5-755B-4BA2-8DCA-BAC592C6ED7B.jpeg (226.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-02-2022, 12:47 AM   #34
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Looks good. I like the bronze rims. The tan roof would bug me though, think I’d have to rattle bomb that satin black so it matches the rest of the cart. Definitely love the rims!
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 08:47 AM   #35
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Oh the roof doesn’t stand out at all…

I tried to talk her into some seat covers that I think would have tied it all together. She said she’d rather do some of the removable meshy covers, so maybe she’ll find some that make it work. Ive never seen a set of those that I liked.

But yes, if it was mine the roof would be black. On the other hand if it was mine, the body wouldn’t be.
Old 12-02-2022, 09:03 AM   #36
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

I think it looks great
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2022, 08:16 PM   #37
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

The final pieces showed up today, so I set to welding everything together.
The main mount is just a jungle store DS hitch receiver that I already had, and I ordered an 18” weld on hitch tube from Curt. Square it up real nice, weld it to the end of the other receiver.
The other end mounts to the bottom of the step on the rear seat, and this tab goes between the mount for the grab bar and the square tube frame of the step.
It will all get sandwiched together by some nice 3/8 bolts.

Lots of assembly, disassembly, weld, tack, weld some more, clean everything up and get it ready for paint. When I get it mounted I’ll post some pics of how it all fits together.

Also decided to cut and paint some spacers to go between the aluminum bracket that sticks off the lower rear frame crossbar of the cart, and the lower mount bar for the step. This will help add some strength to the assembly and help keep it from torquing on the step and the arm rest bars of the rear seat kit.

I could have made this all, but having the pre-made parts keeps me from having to drill a bunch of holes in thick steel which saves me a lot of labor mostly. Price wise making it all would be cheaper to just buy the steel. Curt sells a 24” version of weld-on tube as well which would be perfect for this, but cutting, bending, and welding the other pieces is more work.
Old 01-05-2023, 12:18 AM   #38
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Realized I never posted up pics of the finished mounted tow hitch receiver for this one. Ended up just about perfect with the back of the rear grab bar.

She’s solid. You can put the jack under the end of it and lift up the whole rear of the cart!

Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 9C73DE90-93ED-4F44-8176-D277443F50B6.jpeg (184.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpeg D36CFA30-EEA9-44FE-986B-35916F8EC597.jpeg (200.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-05-2023, 08:28 AM   #39
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Looks great
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car