lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha > Lithium Yamaha

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-13-2022, 06:34 AM   #21
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Default Re: Lithium install

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eco Battery View Post
The VOC and IMP are important for selecting the proper charge controller, but wont necessarily indicate how many amps your battery will get charged with. It’s all about watts. The math is watts/battery charging voltage 355/42=8.45A which gets you the theoretical max. Then for real world you have to reduce by ~20% for panel inefficiency and other losses. So on a clear day with sun directly overhead you may see 6.7A charging. This will further reduce based on sun angle and cloud cover. 3A-4A should be expected.

Don’t get me wrong, I love the idea of a PV panel roof, and already have carts with them, I just don’t want the expectations to be unreal.
I know what your saying and your right, I have solar on my pop up camper and my house so im no stranger to the variations in output. From my experience though they can just as often exceed whats on the sticker when new for the first year or 2 as well but there are so many variables with a cart thats always parked in a different position and angle to the sun
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-07-2022, 11:53 AM   #22
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

just wanted to follow up that I have the panel mounted and I am in fact only seeing about 4-5amps of charging after boost conversion but I suspect it might be slightly better in the summer with a better angle to the sun. That will drop as I decided to change my plans and go with a diy48v lifepo setup which will cause the charging amps to drop once boosted to 52v or so.
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 01:36 PM   #23
shadez1982
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpk200 View Post
Yamaha drive 2018 48 volt

Just waiting for my 48 volt 98ah lithium battery to arrive.

The lithium kit comes with a new charger which is doesn’t use the receptacle on the cart.

Thanks
Mike
I know this post is about a month or so old, but interested in which battery you went with? I'm weighing various lithium options for my 15 Yamaha.
shadez1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha > Lithium Yamaha