lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!
On Road Golf Carts! Low to the ground Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-15-2022, 11:20 AM   #21
aberk
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2011 Bagged TXT Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Lenny View Post
That thing is going to be a rocket! Be careful and drive safe. Hope you upgraded the brakes.
I hadn't even though about the brakes until I had driven it a few times and you're absolutely right. I need to look in to upgrades because this thing moves!
aberk is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-15-2022, 01:09 PM   #22
Capt. Lenny
Born to be Wild

E-Z-GO

One of the first upgrades after the earlier speed improvements(DC) I did was to add Jakes disc brakes to the front. They were modestly priced and an easy install and add great stopping power. Combined with the regen braking that's as much as you will need. Don't forget seat belts because I think you could throw somebody right out the front.
Capt. Lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 11:52 AM   #23
aberk
Not Yet Wild

A friend recently reached out and said his neighborhood was have a golf cart parade, so that forced my hand to start some of the mods a bit earlier than I had planned, but I am very happy that I did.

Compressor, tank, head unit, speakers, switches, air gauge and new wheels and tires have been installed. I'll do a walk around in a few days to cover some of the details and nuances of the build so far.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20220825_171001.jpg (282.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20220828_144724.jpg (202.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20220828_152459.jpg (357.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-02-2022, 06:01 AM   #24
aberk
Not Yet Wild

Walk around of the air and audio systems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEntMT-gi8A
Old 09-02-2022, 06:58 AM   #25
DaveTM
Gone Wild

In following your thread (very impressive BTW) I'm looking specifically at the rear setup. From what I can tell....unless I didn't see it right...is you cut the rear leaf springs, and just have the connection of the leaf springs to the front set of bushings?

So, if I'm seeing this right, your rear suspension is from the air shocks, and I would assume you have a longer travel than the stock leaf spring suspension.

So, if I'm right on that one, how do you keep the rear end from doing any side-to-side sway?

And if I missed something......I do that more and more as I get older!!
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2022, 07:05 AM   #26
gotti
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by aberk View Post
Walk around of the air and audio systems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEntMT-gi8A
Nice build.
gotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2022, 07:14 AM   #27
aberk
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
In following your thread (very impressive BTW) I'm looking specifically at the rear setup. From what I can tell....unless I didn't see it right...is you cut the rear leaf springs, and just have the connection of the leaf springs to the front set of bushings?

So, if I'm seeing this right, your rear suspension is from the air shocks, and I would assume you have a longer travel than the stock leaf spring suspension.

So, if I'm right on that one, how do you keep the rear end from doing any side-to-side sway?

And if I missed something......I do that more and more as I get older!!
You pretty much summed the setup accurately. I havent noticed too much sway. This is my first cart and I pretty much dove right in to the mods so I don't have a good basis for comparison to a cart with fully connected springs. I also really only ride around with my wife, but will soon have a couple of heavy friends on the back that may exacerbate what sway is there.

At the very least, I want to upgrade to polymer bushings because the rubber ones are pretty worn out.

I think I notice more body roll because the air shocks are T'd together so air moves from one side to the other pretty easily.
Old 09-15-2022, 03:28 PM   #28
mbene
Not Yet Wild

Just a question, instead of cutting the rear springs, would it be possible to flip the rear springs over? I can see problems with all the power and speed that motor will be putting out and the only thing holding the rear axle in line being the front of the spring bushings.
mbene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 06:09 AM   #29
aberk
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbene View Post
Just a question, instead of cutting the rear springs, would it be possible to flip the rear springs over? I can see problems with all the power and speed that motor will be putting out and the only thing holding the rear axle in line being the front of the spring bushings.
To lower the cart, I could see flipping the springs, but there really isn't enough flex in them for an effective bag setup. The springs also have a small round "pin" that is used to line up with an indent on the axle. So you would lose that alignment notch too.

Ove the winter I am going to build a square tube setup in place of the leaf springs and figure out some sort of panhard bar to settle the side to side movement.
Old 09-16-2022, 12:04 PM   #30
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by aberk View Post
To lower the cart, I could see flipping the springs, but there really isn't enough flex in them for an effective bag setup. The springs also have a small round "pin" that is used to line up with an indent on the axle. So you would lose that alignment notch too.

Ove the winter I am going to build a square tube setup in place of the leaf springs and figure out some sort of panhard bar to settle the side to side movement.
I think that's a better....safer....stronger idea.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!