lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-27-2022, 08:05 AM   #1
mtollin
Gone Wild

Default Adding a "chirp' for turn signals?

Keep accidently leaving the turn signal on. Most of the time accidently bump it. the newer Club Cars have a chirp when they are on. Low volume and love it. Anyone here add one and willing to share? If not any suggestions on product and how/where to wire in?
mtollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-27-2022, 08:44 AM   #2
derelicte
Gone Wild

Default Re: Adding a "chirp' for turn signals?

I looked into something like this for our cart but never got around to adding it. Here is one I found that looked like it would work:

https://www.turnalarm.com/

You just replace the existing flasher with correct the turnalarm.
derelicte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 08:57 AM   #3
derelicte
Gone Wild

you could also try replacing it with a "loud" flasher from autozone. at least if you didn't like it you could easily return it.

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
Old 06-28-2022, 07:44 AM   #4
mtollin
Gone Wild

Interesting. Thanks for the ideas, now can anyone share with me where the turn signal module is located on the cart?
Old 06-28-2022, 01:00 PM   #5
derelicte
Gone Wild

underneath the cup holders. just pull up on them and it will pop off. There should be 2 relay modules mounted to an aluminum bracket in there. one is for the headlights and the other if for the flashers. Mine actually says electronic flasher on it. turn on the flasher and you can probably hear and/or feel which one it is.
Old 06-28-2022, 03:24 PM   #6
mtollin
Gone Wild

Thanks Again.
Old 06-28-2022, 03:26 PM   #7
fsu1tm
Gone Wild

Club Car

Why not just change out your mirrors for ones with a blinker? Sitting at a busy intersection, that chirp would get annoying. See here...

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/show...ghlight=mirror
fsu1tm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 04:17 PM   #8
derelicte
Gone Wild

I don't know. swapping out a flasher module seems a heck of a lot easier. :)

I do like the looks of a signal mirror though. I put them on my gem.
Old 11-07-2022, 09:00 AM   #9
derelicte
Gone Wild

I actually ended up adding a buzzer to our turn signals this weekend. I thought it would be as simple as installing this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

But it turns out we have 3 terminal flashers in our carts, not 2 terminal ones. It worked, but the turn signals were dimly lit instead of off during the flash cycle. This was kind of annoying so I decided to remove the buzzer from the new flasher and graft it into the stock flasher.

They come apart pretty easily and I was able unsolder the buzzer and resolder it into the original flasher. It took a couple of tries to find the correct points to solder the wires to. For some reason it wouldn't buzz if I soldered it to the output signal and ground. I'm not sure why because it should have been installed in parallel with the lights. I ended up soldering it across the relay coil and that worked perfectly.

I drilled a hole in the top of the plastic cover for the buzzer to fit in and hot glued the whole thing to seal it up. The result is a quiet but noticeable buzz when the lights flash.

I looked high and low for a 3 terminal flasher with a buzzer but didn't find anything that looked like it would work so I went this way. Unfortunately I didn't take any pics of the process but if someone wanted to duplicate this I could walk you through it.
Old 11-07-2022, 09:21 AM   #10
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Little late for this but found a beeper on eBay that looks pretty easy. Two power wires and a ground. Probably has diodes in the lines to keep it from back feeding. https://www.ebay.com/itm/112987254295
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon